or Connect

Posts by beka1977

Fresh updates in posts 116 Is anyone interested in doing a Valentine card exchange? I would be happy to organize, but would like to get started earlier this year. Anyone?
I am trying to wrap my brain around having a master list (on excel?) that connected to the recipes, that connected to the shopping list. Hrmmm.... More to think about. Suggestions?
FB is not nearly as private as people believe it to be. Even using the privacy settings it is still possible (although harder) to see pictures. I would not like photos of my children to be posted on FB. It would feel like an invasion of privacy. Additionally, I like to be "in control" of things concerning my children. And once their pictures were out there, I am no longer in control, and neither is MIL. Pictures are used all the time without...
Quote: Originally Posted by mightymoo This last sentence is my daughter to a T! She asked for months and months for a two wheel pedal bike (she had a pedaless one) and she got it for her birthday. She tried to do it and since she couldn't just do it immediately she didn't want to do it at all, and got very angry and didn't want the bike. I had to work with her a bit to be persistent in trying in order to do it, all in all it only took her a few days...
Quote: Originally Posted by eclipse I would just stay home, and try not to be too pissed about it. Yeah, I think this is where we are headed. See, I would have (sorta) wanted to go, if the whole thing had been handled differently. But I'm pretty offended that they FORGOT us. And they presented it as "we forgot you, but we have already gotten tickets, and you should come with us." I have a hard time believing that the next few months...
Quote: Originally Posted by pumpkin But you probably see them when they visit MIL. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Travel goes both ways. Yeah, but we traveled to Ohio within the last two years for their awful wedding. And last year, when they came for Christmas, there was a big guilt storm over how we needed to come for an extra day to spend time with S and A. My husband took a day off of work, we traveled to MIL house, and no one was...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBluebird I fail to understand why your MIL would be upset that you didn't want to go to Ohio. They planned a trip without you... that's cool. You aren't offended, you'll do something else for Thanksgiving. Why would it be a big deal? I am offended! And it would be a big deal because it is my MIL. Quote: Originally Posted by mamadelbosque Don't come to frigging OH for turkey day....
Quote: Originally Posted by kristi96 Ohio or Hawaii Hawaii it is! Okay, but we can't REALLY go to Hawaii! Especially if we are telling MIL and C that we aren't going to Ohio because of cost, we can't very well go do something fun.
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A That's what she wants everyone to think. So yeah, rather than "outing" Grandma, I'd go to Hawaii. I know, I know. But after years of observing, I think this is true. Personally I would find it much cooler, and easier to explain, if she were gay. Quote: Originally Posted by EviesMom Then the only "issue" is really that you won't see S and A (which might not bug you, but might irk...
My divorced MIL lives with another woman (C) in a very close but non-sexual relationship. C is considered part of the family. MIL and C seem unable to have a peaceful family holiday. Often the invitee list grows to include everyone else in the neighborhood that nobody likes or wants to have around. One year it was a family of depressed bipolar people who spent the whole time talking about their electro-shock therapy sessions. One year it was co-workers, plus their...