or Connect

Posts by Earth-Muffin

Congratulations on your choice to birth your own child! I am in Oregon and I know different places treat this situation differently but this is my experience. I saw my doctor until 27 weeks and then just quit going to my appoinments. I didnt plan on seeing that doctor afterwards so I didnt have to worry about anything being awkward or being questioned. I never informed him of my decision before hand. I would ignore the phone calls because I didnt know what to tell them....
I had the same feelings. I was almost worried, then it hit me that labor could be imminent so I began poking around.
Thank You all for your information and suggestions. I would have loved to discover that UC was a safe option long before I did, as I am the planner type, but have the utmost confidence in myself to be able to naturally birth a child. I can not "meditate" persay, but I definatly feel in tune with my higher being. Until my little one arrives, I will continue to gather knowlegde and information from as many sources as I can! Thanks again! Happy parenting all!
I am 38 weeks 5 days pregnant today, July 22. On July 11th my belly "dropped" & I lost a TINY bit of the mucous plug. I felt normal except for a little more discomfort on my hips and lower back. On July 20th, I had diarrhea out of nowhere followed by nausea. I have felt nauseous, queasy, am really tired and have had a lack of appetite for 3 days now. The baby is also not as active as she has been the last couple weeks. I still feel her move, but not nearly as much....
Hi there! I am 38 weeks pregnant with out first child, & we are planning an UC as well. I have tried to look into finding laws myself, & have had no success. To my understanding, there is nothing illegal about UC & not taking your child to the doctors. I have not come across any stories where CPS has taken children due to those reasons. I have been advised however, to hold off trying to get the birth certificate for a couple weeks though, because when officials see a...
I have a couple concerns about birthing on my own without a midwife & would like suggestions from women who have experienced this themselves.   A little information on my pregnancy:   I saw an OBGYN for the first 32 weeks of my pregnancy, because my insurance paid for it, with the intention of seeing a midwife for the last 8 weeks prenatal, the birth, & the postnatal care. I have talked with the midwife from the beginning. At 32 weeks, I was informed by the...