or Connect

Posts by Chapsie

I plan to homeschool my kids, too.  My son is in PS Kindy this year, and next year I'll be teaching 1st and PreK (with a toddler and a newborn!!  and a PT job.  I don't know how it's going to happen, but that's the plan!)  Any advice or encouraging words for a first timer?  
Oh... and I'm already having weird grip problems (you know what I'm talking about?)  I am dropping everything.  Yesterday, I was unloading the dishwasher, and I dropped a whole stack of glass plates.  Three of them shattered everywhere.  As I was cleaning up, a broken piece of glass impaled my thumb and I was bleeding everywhere.  ::sigh::   
I totally relate this this!  
It is SNOWING out today!!!  Ugh... this is month number 7 of snow this winter.  I'm so ready for it to be done!!  This will be my first winter baby, and I'm not really looking forward to being stuck in the house all winter long.   It is pretty, though.  :)   
6 weeks and already getting hard to hide the bump.  I'm thinking we'll need to announce this weekend while our family is together for Easter.  Pardon the messiness-- 3 young kids and one TIRED mama.  (I've been falling asleep on the couch every night that I'm not working at 8 pm.  I'm sleeping 11-12 hours and it is not enough!  This little sesame seed is really sapping my energy!)  
Hey mamas!!     Last day of school before spring break.  It was a beautiful weekend, but I worked Sat and Sun and my son is in school today.  Tomorrow is his first day of break and it is supposed to SNOW!!!  It won't be nice again until Thursday, and I work on Thursday.  Boo.     I just asked a coworker of mine (a natural birth friendly L&D nurse) if she would want to be at my birth and she was super excited.  It felt good to share my news with someone!!  So far, none...
I always have a cup a day (in all of my pregnancies, too.).
I'm in my 20's. . I'm 29 and this is #4 and last for us
After my first birth, I swore to myself that I would never make healthcare decisions based solely on finances again.  I switched from an independent midwifery practice to a health clinic because I was on medicaid and it was free.... well... I wound up with an unnecessary induction that I felt manipulated into having that turned into a cesarean.  $20,000.... I didn't have to pay a penny.  But I wound up with postpartum depression and a scarred uterus.  Not worth it.  :(...
Willsmomm, I am so sorry for your loss!  We will miss you.  Be gentle to yourself and give yourself some space to grieve.         LilyTiger, praying for peace and reassurance for you and that the bleeding is done for good!!