or Connect

Posts by Chapsie

HUG!  This is very common newborn behavior (the popping on and off thing!) It won't last forever, I promise!  Engorgement does change the size and shape of the nipple which could be confusing to a five day old.  Softening your breast a little before latching was a good idea-- even using a warm compress (diaper filled with warm-hot water) and massaging your breast down right before a feed can sometimes help. (or a hot shower).  Make sure she opens her mouth WIDE (like...
Thanks for the support, ladies.  My SIL came over and surprised me with a foot massage!  WONDERFUL!  And a friend loaned her husband out to us for construction-help.  He got a lot of drywalling done.  :)      My mom and dad are out of town for the next week!  EEEK!   So... maybe I should start an official Buko-like countdown to my "green light."  It seemed to really work well for her and her baby!     I so can't wait until work is over!  I am scheduled to be...
Thank you for this! 
Is having an emotional meltdown a sign of impending labor?  Oh my goodness.  As much as I want to meet my baby, I feel so overwhelmed with life right now!  I had a good cry at my midwife appt today.  The baby is SUPER low, I've been contracting a ton, and the midwife told me she honestly doesn't think we'll be waiting much longer for the birth.  Normally, this would thrill me, but I don't feel ready at all!  My house is totally trashed and I just don't have the energy to...
Thanks!  Yes, this was totally true for me with my first two kids!  Good to keep in mind.  :) 
I'm so honored that I've been missed.  :)  Love you guys!   I'm still here, still pregnant.  I've been super busy (and tired!) and haven't been on the computer that much lately.  I've been trying to keep up with most of the posting here (so exciting that babies are coming!).   Working a lot at the hospital, and trying to get all my certifications finished (neonatal resuscitation, CPR, etc.) before the baby comes.  Not very good timing that they are expiring about the same...
Melany, thanks for the update!  I will continue to pray for you and beautiful baby Anna!!  
Buko!  I can't believe you had a GIRL!  I so thought your baby was going to be a boy all this time.  So happy for you and can't wait to hear the whole story!!   WLL--  what a beautiful slideshow!  I loved seeing your birth bead necklace!   haha.  :)  And my middle name is Elisabeth (with an S).  :)     Your twins are absolutely gorgeous!!
Working a lot the last few days... I've missed you guys.  :)     I'm also GBS NEGATIVE~  woohoo!  :)     Writermama, so so happy for your amazing day.  Having friends rub my feet and braid my hair would be like the most heavenly thing ever right now!!!   My sister in law called me yesterday and told me that she wants to throw a small baby shower for me!  This is my third baby, so totally not expected at all!  I told her that I didn't really need anything, but...
Yeah, I don't have much for this baby either!  Still working on our bedroom and can't set up baby stuff til the renovations are done!  (Trying not to stress!).  Here is my baby stuff:  (plus a small bin of clothes and a box of Homebirth supplies).  That reminds me-- gotta get the breast pump and car seat out of the garage to clean!