or Connect

Posts by Chapsie

Ok... I'm officially really big! I have such limited clothing options now! I worked in the NICU last night and one of the moms delivered at 32 weeks (I'm 32.5 weeks now). She told me "I'm so jealous of your big belly because I never got to look pregnant." Hmm... Awkward! I feel bad... I try to avoid l&d when there are losses on the floor, too, because I'd hate for a grieving mom to see my obviously pregnant belly. Anyway... My son just started preschool this week...
Pregnancy is so personal and sometimes it is hard for people to bond with a baby that they cannot see... You'd be surprised at the love and support and even gifts you may get after the birth. I have not had a shower or any kind of special treatment this pregnancy and I do not expect any such treatment. This is my baby and I am enjoying her so much... I kind of dont want to share her, lol. I don't know if this is the case or not, but sometimes pregnancy celebrations are...
After a c-section, the baby should be able (and encouraged) to room in with you normally. Once in the recovery room, Breastfeeding should be initiated and frequent nursing should be encouraged. Sometimes milk production can be delayed (about 24 hours or so) after a cesarean because the body is focused on healing from surgery... After my cesarean, (also my first baby), milk came in day 4. The baby does not need to be taken anywhere if the baby is healthy.. If your...
I'm a mom of two (soon to be 3) and I babysit my niece and nephews often, so there can be 4 kids or so here regularly. How does it happen? It just does! Haha. You just do what you have to do... Just plug away. Little bits at a time... You prioritize. You figure it all out. The kids entertain each other. It's actually easier the more kids there are. . And it's FUN! Release the worry and embrace he excitement. 2 kids are so much fun. My kids are best friends. ...
I just got home from work... I was attending deliveries and was on a c/s of a 32 week 3 day baby. (I'm 32 weeks 3 days now!). Very cool to see the exact same gestational age baby as what I'm carrying... Same gender, too (girl). My hospital bought me a white lab coat with my name and credentials embroidered on it. What a fun surprise. It is for when I do lactation consultations. About GBS-- as a newborn nurse, I have seen very sick babies from gbs infection. I would...
I'm 5#6 and have a pretty good size torso, but my babes were both big (9.5 lbs). Anyway, my son rotated posterior from anterior after I got an epidural and was laying in bed. My daughter was posterior when I woke up in labor and rotated anterior after a long hot shower with hot water spraying on my back... As soon as I stood up off my birth ball in the shower, she rotated. So, even though that is just anecdotal evidence, there may be some truth to the laying down/...
Looking good, scruffy!
Spughy, both of my kids rotated in labor, too. DS started anterior and rotated posterior and DD started posterior and rotated anterior about 6 hours into labor (yay!).
Aw, that stinks!  So sorry you had a negative experience!  Is there a different MOPS group near you?  I really love my group and there are a lot of working moms that go.      That mom and dad group in Seattle sounds amazing!  I would love going to something like that.  I hope you'll be able to find something that is just right for you.  Even if it is just calling up a friend for breakfast every now and then.  My sister in law has been very consistent in asking me out on...
Oh, it makes me so mad to think back on it... it was in 2008, before I had an iPhone to google stuff with in my pocket at all times!  I just wanted to go home and research low amniotic fluid index and decide for myself what to do.   I asked if I could go home and they said: "You'd have to sign out AMA (against medical advice) and if you do that, your insurance won't pay for the birth... besides, if anything happened to the baby, you'd have to carry that guilt for the rest...