or Connect

Posts by want2bepapa

Hi everyone -- We got our BFN last Friday. We've spent the last few days thinking about next steps bc our doc is now recommending IVF. We could swing it financially if we took a year or so to save, but we've always kind of had an unspoken agreement that if it came to that, adoption would be a better fit for us. So, that is the direction we're taking and we feel really hopeful and excited about it! Best of luck and lots of baby dust to all of you fine women!   James
This is fantastic! Thank you!  
Hello there. In Washington, the foster-to-adopt program is such that placements are not made unless the likelihood of reunification is very slim. Also, our experience with infertility is different than I think you've assumed. We're a queer couple -- I'm transgender, and we've always considered adoption vs. my wife carrying to be equal options. Sure, we're disappointed that she didn't become pregnant, but more than that we're hopeful and excited about adoption, the same...
Hi everyone,   My wife and I have just decided to stop fertility treatments and pursue foster-to-adopt. We're very excited and hopeful, but we are just beginning and I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the information out there. We're working on registering for pre-service training in our state (Washington) now, but I'd really love to hear some recommendations from folks here on things I can read to educate myself.   We're both white and are hoping for an infant....
Rainbow --- Cheers to leaving Florida! I see you're in Seattle too. May I ask what clinic you're using and if you've been happy with them? We have been using Pacific NW Fertility Clinic, though our experience has not been the best. I wish we could find a midwife in the area that is willing to do IUI, but we've not found anyone.
Meghan -- Florida is one of the other states that explicitly bans second-parent adoption, so I hear ya. My in-laws also don't know my trans status for the same reasons you've listed, but I am operating on the assumption that they will one day come to find out because I do plan to disclose to my child. My in-laws are however aware that we're using a sperm donor, but they understand the reason to be that we're doing so because of a history of a genetic disorder in my...
Hi Meghan -- I'm FTM and legally married to wife. She immigrated to the US based on our marriage so we have jumped through a lot of hoops and really have done our homework about legal assurances around our marriage and her residency in the US. We plan to be just as careful with regard to legal protections around parental rights because we both have family that give us cause for worry. We have been to a few LGBT legal clinics on the subject and consulted with some family...
Here goes our 8th 2ww! Also known as 2 weeks of trying to think about anything else! Somehow I've convinced myself that NOT thinking about helps the odds -- less projected stress onto my partner, I suppose? This is only our 3rd medicated IUI cycle and last month my wife had an HSG -- all was good and the doc says it may have even helped to clear out the tubes a bit. Plus, this is our first time doing back to back insems (we ended up doing 31 and 48 hours post hsg). I'm...
Congrats Sara and Ad Astra! Very happy for you!  
Thank you ad astra! We're using frozen goods. I think we will do 24 and 48 hours post hcg. Has anyone else done back to back insems?