or Connect

Posts by Jeanne

Right now I'm playing Yahtzee with my hubby, 13, 7 and 4.5 year old. We have been spending the summer: swimming at the pool reading tea parties (I like to do a read aloud from our mini set of Peter Rabbit books) riding bikes badmitton catching fireflies nature walked (although these have turned into Geocaching hikes) cooking (I'm trying to have one help a night and the older plan the dinner) fishing (this is dad's area) playing with neighbor's kids day...
There's a new baby girl in our family and I'd like to send a welcome gift. Taking advantage of technology, I shop on-line. Leaving my free time for more important things (like life). I'm looking for sites that support good causes (ie, work-at-home moms sites, sites that donate a percentage to a good cause). I've seen some listed but didn't bookmark them and I can't search this site easily for these terms: www, com, http. I'll post back with a list since...
I'm looking to buy an air-filter for our home. We live near a busy street so I hate to open the windows too often (high noise & exhaust). So, until we move we're kinda stuck with stale air. I searched around on this board and didn't read anything with a whole lotta info on air filters. I did come across a web page (http://www.futurenet.org/6RxforEarth/morris.html) that stated cheaper air filters can emit ozone & electromagnetic fields. I'm hoping someone...
We have more than our share of spiders too. I find them constantly in the corners of our rooms and, sorry to offend anyone, I smush them. I researched this on-line and the only thing that came up (that wasn't toxic) were these pre-made triangle shaped boxes that had sticky tape inside to catch the spiders. You place them where the spiders like to go (wall and floor corners are probably best), the spiders get stuck and die. I'm sure you could make some on your own. ...
Shoe free too. If one or two guests slip by without removing their shoes they usually notice and then I give them the option. I hate being too hard-fast about anything :\ I find people are more than happy to accomodate our shoe free home.
Would it be possible to focus on other types of visits? My parents have a very different view on how to "sit" their many grandchildren. Candy, golf clubs, electric outdoor ride-on toys, cartoons, sips of coffee, whatever they want.. and the kids absolutely adore them. You'd be amazed at what a 3 and 4 year old will or will not do given the confidence and choice. They raised 5 kids so I just turn my head, I don't want to be so rigid that there's no fun. Your...
Knowledge is power. If people gave me advice on pregnancy, birth or parenting I would ask them where they found their information so I could read it as well. If they didn't have any references, I just moved on to the next topic or politely excused myself. With doctors (although family members may be more agressive), listen to their experiences as you would like someone to listen to yours and try not to make the conversation be a "group decision". I think it was...
We definitly want to go for baby #2 this year, and we might try for a third depending on how things go. I grew up with 2 loving parents and 4 siblings. We're all close to this day. My family probably ranked middle class, we all had the opportunity to go to college (my dad worked hard to save money for college for all 5 of us, and at one point held 3 jobs early on). No matter where I am in life I know I have...
My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. I wish you strength during this time of great sorrow. My heart aches for little Jaccob...