or Connect

Posts by Everlong753

I'm sorry for such a crummy situation.  I'd be really upset with the secondary midwife in your situation.  I can sort of understand her suggesting and u/s, but pressuring a hospital birth is out of line.  I would also worry about her suggesting transfer and if the reasons are valid.  Can you get that form you signed back and tell her you changed your mind?  That is a strange form, I've never heard of signing something like that before being faced with transfer/procedure....
Thanks ladies :)
  Hey ladies!    I'm so happy to announce our 3rd hbac, and 2nd unassisted birth of our 4th baby boy!!  Jasper Solomon Dahl was born early on Thursday morning after a pretty quick and intense labor.  I was having some irregular contractions for about 3 days before.  I woke up at 2:22 am with a monster contraction, went back to sleep but was uncomfortable and got up at 4am.  Me and dh scurried around the house like busy mice, getting the pool set up and the bed...
Hey ladies!    I'm so happy to announce our 3rd hbac, and 2nd unassisted birth of our 4th baby boy!!  Jasper Solomon Dahl was born early on Thursday morning after a pretty quick and intense labor.  I was having some irregular contractions for about 3 days before.  I woke up at 2:22 am with a monster contraction, went back to sleep but was uncomfortable and got up at 4am.  Me and dh scurried around the house like busy mice, getting the pool set up and the bed made....
What is everyone sick with?  My dh has had 2 bouts of vomiting and diarrhea (spaced  1 week apart) but no one else is sick.  
Well no bloody show or plugs here but lots of discharge and the baby feels like it's trying to screw it's head down into my pelvis.  It is pretty painful.  I feel crampy, but prodomal contractions are random and very short, like 10-30 seconds.    I am 3cm and nearly 100% effaced so that's a good start at least.  Sigh,  I'll be working on more diapers to keep my mind busy for a few days. 
Woohoo!  Congratulations!  Can't wait to hear about it :)
How long do you ladies plan to wait to announce the birth?    Opinions on how long is too long? 
JMJ- oh my gosh yes!  Since last week contractions are way more crampy, and I keep going back and forth between wanting the baby to come and panicking because I haven't sewn enough diapers.  I feel crazy, not to mention exhausted.   Night time is when I get the worst ones, doesn't help feeling exhausted.    3timesamom-  so exciting!  Not cool that your midwife is sick, hopefully you have a few days and she can get well.   My dh puked this am... not NOW please!
Well I'm in the same boat as you ladies.  38.4 today and am realizing all the things that aren't done (JMJ I even had the same thought about corned beef lol!).    On a good note, I scrubbed the fridge, did ALL the laundry and bought way too many groceries.  We went out for our baby/postpartum shopping and got some organization bins, a few things for me and baby, camcorder, more food and some errands done.  I was having major contractions the whole time and have...