or Connect

Posts by MakeItSew

Sooo, DH and I haven't been so careful about birth control (I know, I know), and I'm officially in a 2WW with some weird cramping that I really hope is just ovulation. Because I am so not ready to be pregnant again.
Hey everyone, glad to see so many folks are doing well. Things are going great here.   I'm not sure how many of you follow Cookie_'s blog, but her family could use a few extra prayers / well wishes if you've got 'em. Her baby has a fractured skull (but is otherwise in very good spirits and should be just fine). 
Great photos! Baby's age: 7 months on Friday! Eek.   How are you feeling:  Honestly, pretty crap. I don't get anything resembling enough sleep, DD still gets up every ~2 hours, and I'm so irritable I'm starting to wonder how any marriage survives children.    Anything different / now: I dunno, I guess I thought I'd be getting a little more sleep by now... everyone else tells me about how their 3 month old sleeps like a log and I want to stab them. Last night...
Quiet around here these days... I hope everyone on the east coast weathered the storm OK.   I think our daughter is teething. She acts like her gums are bothering her, and tonight has been really rough. She'll wake up and cry every 15 minutes or so. I did give her baby tylenol, but I hate giving her stuff (homeopathic or otherwise). I can nurse her back to sleep but then she's up again shortly thereafter. This is by far the worst night yet... hopefully it passes...
  "Boob shark" - I love it. Mine does the exact same thing.    I think you will find that Jazzersize makes you feel a ton better. I've been taking a trapeze class since DD was about 4 weeks old, and it's wonderful. Getting out of the house for something not parenting/household related is GREAT for your mental state, an getting some exercise will do wonders to clear your head. Even on the days when I'm exhausted from no sleep, class makes me feel so much better.    Sorry...
We're on day 3 of her first purees - sweet potatoes. I'm using store-bought jar stuff right now because this week has been nuts, but I plan on making our own this weekend.   I'd really planned on waiting until she was 6 months old to start solids, but I've been having milk supply issues for a couple weeks now (probably due to stress, diet, and returning to work) and we talked to her doctor about either supplementing with formula or starting solids. Her doctor thought...
Thanks everyone. That's a good point about supplements, not only is AF here but since my husband has been out of town my eating habits have been in a slump. I need to start eating my fruits and veggies again, and take my vitamins!   We saw the pediatrician today for the 4 moth checkup, and talked about the supply issues. She suggested slowly trying out a few solids (rather than formula), and continuing to pump hourly any time I'm not nursing to help my supply rebound...
I know a "dip" is normal when you get your period, but I seriously feel like I'm drying up here. I'm nursing constantly, and added a pumping session at night when DD is asleep, and all day she was hollering at my breast for milk that wasn't coming. I finally gave her a bottle from my freezer stash, and she transformed into a happy baby again. Meanwhile I'm pumping every hour and getting about 1/4 to 1/2 oz. I'm frustrated, she's frustrated, we're all frustrated.  
I've definitely had a supply dip, I hope it's just because my period has returned. We give her a bottle before bed so my husband can have a turn at feeding her, and then I pump right afterwards. I was previously getting 3-4 oz (which we'd then feed to her the next night) but now I'm getting barely 1 oz. During the day she's nursing pretty much constantly, and still seems hungry afterwards. It's frustrating. I'm going to talk to her doctor tomorrow about a contingency...
If sounds like you have a number of things going on, not the least of which is doctors who won't take you seriously. Here's what I'd do if I were in your shoes:   1) Pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and start charting. That will help you see patterns (if any) in your cycle and increase the chances of you and your fiancee "catching" an egg. It's also a good way to record any symptoms that may point to a problem.   2) Find a doctor who will take...