or Connect

Posts by MakeItSew

Mine showed up today. I figured it would be coming once the baby stopped nursing at night (something she gave up on her own). Ironically now that she's sleeping "through the night" (12am to 5am) I'm actually expressing more at night since I usually wake up to pee and then have to pump because I can't sleep on full boobs.    I'm really tired of nursing. She eats every ~1.5 hours, both sides, and it's exhausting. I don't think it's a supply issue, I'm going to bring it...
  Our baby is 90th percentile everything (including head size, oof), and she drinks 2oz of ebm every ~2 hours when I'm not there to nurse her. At night she gets 4oz before bed. Granted, she has reflux issues so our doctor told us to give her more frequent, smaller bottles. The rule of thumb we were given was 1 oz per hour, with a little more during the day if she sleeps a long stretch at night (I wish).
  Ha. My mother said 8 was the worst. There was another girl in my class who was a complete headache, and my mother told me that if I had any inclination to take after her I wouldn't live to see 9.
Mine too. I think maybe she's just entering the "in the mouth" phase (e.g. everything goes in the mouth), and her hands are about all she can figure out how to get up to it. My little lady has recently figured out how to get her toes into her mouth, but only manages to hit herself in the head with toys.       My daughter hates her swing. Hates. The second I put her in it, she arches her back to get out. She's OK on  her play mat for a bit, until she rolls onto her stomach...
casmer - I think our baby is in the same boat. Rolls over regularly but I'm not sure it's with intent. She'll roll onto her belly and then cry because she hates being on her belly. She's rolled from her belly to her back a few times, but I'm pretty sure it was an accident.   I don't know if she's teething or what but she drools constantly. And tries to eat her fist. We keep a bib on her at all times, and a burp cloth handy to wipe her face.
Too hot for the Moby here too. We've been using the Ergo, she's big enough now that we don't need the infant insert so it's the best option for hot days. Went on a 2.5 mile walk with her yesterday and she slept in it the whole way.
What a great smile!  We have a very concerned baby. She does smile a bunch, but her default look is one of great concern.  
Thanks for all the suggestions! After looking at about a million things, I ordered a 6-pack of osocozy prefolds and a Thirsties Duo cover. I use them until I either run out of clean prefolds or she makes a big enough mess that I want to wash the cover, and then switch to disposables and wash the diapers with the rest of the baby laundry at night. According to my math, they'll pay for themselves in about 3 weeks. Maybe even a little sooner, since we use a Diaper Genie...
I hadn't thought about that, we're so reliant on that little yellow stripe to help diagnose what's ailing her...   My biggest concern is the garbage. We're producing a ton of diaper waste each week, many of which just have a tiny spot of pee on them. After that is the cost, she's going through 15+ diapers a day and it adds up fast!   I don't think I could cloth full time (and I know my husband wouldn't go for it) but since I'm already doing a load of "baby...
I'm thinking of trying out some cloth diapers, because our little bug can't stand to be even a little wet and we're going through disposables at a horrifying rate. She's going to pee us out of house and home. I'm kind of overwhelmed by the options though. :/ What are some good resources for total noobs?   Went to the doctor this morning for her 2 month checkup, and she's up to 12 lbs! She's 70th percentile for weight and 90th for height, so we have a rather tall baby...