or Connect

Posts by AnkaJones

I'm glad I'm not the only one!  Lots of lazy.  Nausea morning till night... starting to throw up a bit, but nowhere near my last pregnancy (I had hyperemesis).  I didn't keep track of the names, but one of the PPs talked about their worry because they had hyperemesis their last pregnancy, and I'm totally sympathetic.  Hopefully neither of us will get that bad!   Do any of you feel guilty when you're around your IRL friends who are at the same stage we are, and are...
Hi All,   My name is Anka and I'm expecting 11/7 or thereabouts.  DH and I have been trying for about a year, but with a long stretch of lactational amenorrhea it's just now it actually happened.  So we're really excited!  However, there's a lot going on just now -- we're moving halfway across the country on Sunday, I'm starting a new job the next week... so it's a lot all at once.  And I don't qualify for FMLA so not sure how things are going to work on that front....
Hi,   I had that too.  No one was able to figure out what it was (or even took it all that seriously) until I started passing out at work where I stood for long hours at a time.  It turned out that while my blood pressure was pretty normal while I was sitting down, and even after I equilibriated after standing up, it drifted down over the course of the next couple of hours and I'd hit the deck.  Progesterone, which is at really high levels during pregnancy, causes...
Thank you so much Stacey!  I'll look them up.   Anka  
Hi All,   My husband and I are moving to a small town south of Ashville and have heard there might be a yurt community there.  We've been dreaming of living in a yurt for years, and it would be incredible if this worked out!  Does anyone know who/where this community is?    Anka
Hi Ladies,   I haven't been around much, but I'm a little discouraged so I figured I'd check in.  First, to update, I'm trying to catch my first postpartum egg, nursing DS 13 mo.    My doctor gave me a progesterone challenge to see if I would bleed, but I didn't... I don't know whether it's because I'm underweight or nursing.  I alternate between thinking I should just wean, versus thinking I might have a more serious problem in which case this might be my last...
Hi,   I know it's late in the month, but better late than never, huh?   I'm Anka, wife of my wonderful DH and mother of my now 1 year old.  We paid off >70% of our >100k student loan debt over the past year, but moved last month and totally lost all our focus -- eating out, frivolous spending, etc.  The thing is, we're taking a huge income hit at the end of the year, so we really need to power through the rest of our debt before then.  At the same time, I just...
Hi,   We need to do this too.  We were making tons of progress on our debt, then we moved and got really lax and unfocused.  We haven't gone any further into debt, but we're taking a big cut in income at the end of the year and need to have our debt paid off by then (plus a whole new set of habits to keep us within our means).   Last week we got back into the meal planning groove.  This week I need to make some freeze away dinners so that if we don't feel up to...
I just paid off my big student loan!!!  I have two smaller student loans left, but the biggie is gone.  Now the other two feel so totally do-able.    Anka
Trekkingirl -- that's really rough.  I'm glad you found a lower rent place, though!   Laurie -- good pregnancy vibes headed your way.   As for myself, still plugging away on BS2.  We're moving into a lower rent place this month, which is also a bit bigger.  I'm looking forward to having more space and more in the budget each month, but it'll be a challenge to keep the move within budget.  This is the first time we've moved since the baby, and I'm not sure how...