or Connect

Posts by StarChild

I can indentify. My daughter is almost 16 and her dad doesn't like to drive her anywhere. So if she has plans with friends, she is always trying to switch things around so she is at my house when she has those kinds of plans. He seems hurt when she doesn't come over, but he is not willing to drive her around. She will eventually be driving herself, but I don't know how it will all work out in the next 2 years. It's stressful already. :P
Thanks for hearing me. My bf and his ex are about to go for a custody hearing in a few weeks. So she is being kind of quiet right now. BF's daughter and I are becoming closer and she really seems to enjoy her time with me. I feel so bad for her that she has to go through this with her mom. Her dad would never speak badly about her mom or her mom's bf to her. I just wish her mom would show us the same courtesy, but I will not hold my breath for that. "I would never want...
Sounds very frustrating and I am sorry you have to go through that. I can understand that you feel indebted to your bf's mom, but there has to be some boundaries laid out or it will only continue in this manner. I recently left a housing situation where there were no boundaries and the other household members lived like pigs as well. I left because of multiple reasons, but one of them was no respect for our living space. Is it possible to have a house meeting and...
Thanks for your response. My BF actually told his ex that I would just be an important person in the daughter's life, not the child. You make a good point. I try not to ever say anything about that kind of thing to the child. I am sure her mother can twist anything around. I am so happy with the 2 of them, I just hope the drama lessens over time. Yes the ex's new marriage did end and rather quickly, but she has another guy living in her house now. Who knows how long...
My boyfriend and I have been together for a year now. I have a 15 yr old dd and he has a 9 yr old dd. We all get along fine together and have a good time. The 9 yr old's mother (who cheated and left my bf for another man, I should add....3 years ago!) is totally crazy over the girl spending time with us. When her daughter mentioned an activity we had planned for the coming weekend, her mother yelled, "You see, she is trying to replace me!! I knew this would happen!!"...
Are there any other changes going on in your life right now that would make him be more clingy? Sometimes the things that seem really small to us can seem really big to them. My daughter is older now, but we went through a few different stages where the clinginess would set in. I just tried to be as patient as possible and keep to our routine.  Good luck. I hope the phase doesn't last too long!
Hi Everyone, I am a single mom of a 15 yr old girl. We lived with my boyfriend for a few years after my divorce, but now we live alone. I am dating someone, but we only see each other one night a week and every other wkend.  My problem is that now my daughter is busy with friends and having sleepovers and such on my weekends(she goes to her dad's house on alternate wkends) and I am just lonely. I know that I will have to get used to it because she will be going...
My bf has 2 kids, 8 & 10 and I have a 14 yr old. We have been together for a few yrs and lived together for most of it. His kids were only there on wkends, but now are moving in full time. They fight non stop and drive me batty. The wkends were hard to make it through, but there is no way I can handle full time. I love him, but I have to find my own space for my dd and myself.  I am just feeling sad about the whole thing. 
This post was helpful to me too! I do sometimes mock my 13 yr old dd like that and never even thought of it as mocking. hmmm. I will try to ask if there is anything wrong now before I just assume she is being sassy. Thanks!
Dp has tried to get them to go to family counseling as well as some counseling for the kids, but they are not open to it unfortunately. When he approached the subject of her referring to their step father as their dad, she said "Oh I didn't want my youngest child to be confused, so I thought it would be better for everyone, as if she hadn't had the kids referring to DP by his first name all along?! I just feel sad for him because he does everything in his power to be...