or Connect

Posts by darbycrash

No, they're vertical blind and you push them to the side. Some days he totally ignores them, other days he can't stop. I wasn't sure if just repeating my request to stop and why to stop then trying to redirect/distract him was the right thing to do.  If it was my house we just wouldn't have them so it wouldn't be an issue but it's their house and they've always had a "thing" about people looking in (nevermind that it's the second floor living room in a dead neighborhood)...
We live with my husband's parents. They have vertical blinds in a few areas that I can't stop my son from going (common areas).  We don't want him to play with the blinds because he could break them or get hurt.  Some of the slats have been broken already (not by him) and are delicate.  When he plays with the blinds I get down to his level and tell him to stop and that he could get hurt or break them.  Now he's only 16, almost 17 months old so I'm not sure how much he's...
My baby is 15 months old and while vocal, can't really speak in full sentences to say something along the lines of, "Dear mother, there appears to be something amiss with my foreskin. I'm certain it shouldn't be so inflamed. Is there something we can do to remedy this situation?" It's more like "Clock. Rock. Bird. Uhh."   When this first happened a few months ago, the doctor suggested changing him more often (I use cloth) and a nystatin cream along with a zinc oxide...
Would like to post that if any parents/caregivers in NJ are interested in attending a Central NJ Rebozo workshop, would you please voice your interest on Central Jersey BirthNetwork's page? They need 20 people minimum to schedule the workshop: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=431050103613454&id=140105886057633¬if_t=share_reply
14 months and counting :)  
Sometimes I think it's like some kind of defensive baggage other people have. I used to get that when people would find out I was a vegetarian. They'd have to tell me why they weren't.  Now they have to tell me why they can't wear their babies or would never.  Some days I just want to yell, " I DIDN'T ASK! I DON'T CARE!"  
I would appreciate some resources or advice about setting up a safe "yes" environment for our soon to be 1 YO. He has recently started a version of crawling (more like "scooting") and has been cruising for a few weeks. We got outlet covers and furniture corner cushions along with doorknob bafflers and cabinet/drawer locks for the kitchen (and an oven door lock).   We live with the In-laws so my co-parent (husband) and I will be installing most of the safety items...
Thank you both for the tips and sharing your stories. I was trying to think of a creative way around his sleep habits but I think the only solution is a bigger bed. We've only had the queen size for five years so I'm loathe to get rid of it and get into debt but I think I just need to bite the bullet. Maybe we can sell the old bed on craig's list.  Baby usually falls alseep about 7pm so unless I'm really tired I try to wait until 8 or 9 if I'm feeling VERY grown up.  My...
My baby is 7 mo. He wakes 4 or 5 times during the night to nurse. His longest stretch of sleep is when he first goes down about 7pm til 12 or 1 am. I take him from the co sleeper into the bed and leave him with me for the night (If I put him back he wakes).  I'm tired and my back aches from side sleeping (my least favorite position). Obviously a bigger bed would help but if he only woke up twice I could live with that for a while. Any advice would be appreciated.
The only ones who don't wear baby are the inlaws because they're too decrepit. Only my FIL can actually pick up our 4mo and b/c of back problems the baby is usually held against his stomach, not his chest.  My momma wears him in the Mei Tai and so does the old man. Actually he does it almost every night to get baby to go to sleep. Now when I wear him in it, he falls asleep! I think momma and my huzbin like the mei tai cuz it's easier than the sakura bloom ring sling (I...