or Connect

Posts by darbycrash

For all the cosleeping families out there I need some advice. I have an arm's reach co-sleeper but when my 4 MO wakes to eat the first time during the night I bring him in the bed and keep him there. How do you arrange the covers?  I know I shouldn't use a comforter so I've got a thin summer bedspread and two blankets.  Do you give the child their own blanket? Do they share your blankets? What other tidbits and advice can you give?  Thank you!
I'm not the op but thank you for this, i feel lots better :)
http://www.facebook.com/MMCMoms?sk=info   We'll meet again 12 Sep at 11 am. HOPE to see you THERE! :)
Susun Weed put it this way regarding wild foods:  for example the spelt (a wilder type of wheat) to domesticated wheat equation is like a game of telephone.  Spelt tells your body "Your mother's blue bandana" but by the time the message gets to modern domesticated wheat the message is more like "Monkey takes banana"   So eating wild food can kind of "reset" your cells at a micro level (mitochondria, etc.) so that they realize the message is "Your mother's blue bandana" ...
I have the same problem but I use a My Brest Friend twins plus pillow b/c I'm fat and have big breasts. My baby is 3mos but it's still a giant pain in the nethers to lug the pillow around AND try to feed him w/o it :(  I've been in restaurants and placed him on the table (on top of the fabric of whatever sling I was wearing that day) and had some luck with that.  Nursing him in a sling/carrier is usually a quick fix. He drinks enough to stave off hunger pangs but doesn't...
Hi, I'm not fluffy, I'm fat. It's not a bad word and isn't a moral judgement, it's a descriptor. I'm also a new mama just want to make sure everyone on this thread knows about the Well Rounded Mama blog. It's got a photo gallery of fat pregnant women (they all look different, some show a lot, some not at all) which is nice because because you don't see fat pregnant women at all.  If you have photos, she'd love to post them. I sent in my birth story and a You Tube vid...
I would suggest you contact more moms if you don't get a reply here. The MMC Moms group is a great place to start and they have a facebook page. I went to a meeting today (they meet every Mon at Monmouth Medical at 11 am) and they may be able to give you some info.
Holy crap. I thought my baby was the only one that did this. I have PPD and the docs and midwives told me to "get out" but he hates being in the car. The first five minutes he's okay and then he's just like yours, screaming, crying beet red. I hate it. He does this when I sit in the back with him, when his papa sits with him, I can sing, talk or even touch his head and nothing helps. He just hates it.  There's a heatwave here where I live and if I want to get exercise...