or Connect

Posts by JosiAtara

As some people have said, lack of education is a huge factor: I didn't realize how QUICKLY we are messing up our environment. Plastic for one thing makes me super frustrated and I just read that there's nothing PBDE hasn't touched, even remote Arctic lakes have had traces. Also, many people don't realize that the environment greatly effects our health. And I agree with two other points made: that armageddon is around the corner and many Christians think (like I used...
Hmm, doesn't really sound like that's it. It was just the one spot and only bothered me if U put something on it (chapstick-unwashed hand) and would just swell and was uncomfortable because of being right on the lip/right above it, not painful. I trhink now that it was just a cold sore that got scratched off and never fully healed so it was easily infected.
Sorry this will be long, but I've needed to get this off my chest for a while now. Just as the topic says, we've kept foods away for a year and I was okay with all the comments of "a sip of soda won't hurt her" "doctors say she can eat as young as 4 months" and "is she gaining enough weight?" Those comments weren't so bad because I know my family all have those theories that that stuff is okay and are worried about my first baby (because first time moms may not know...
So happy to stumble on this thread. It's only noon and here are my accomplishments so far today:   -Slept longer than one hour at a time in the night -Slept past 6:30 -Got two loads of laundry going -Cleaned two poop messes (one on the rug, one on the hardwood floor) and one pee mess (which she set two books in before I realized there was a mess. Thankfully both were hardback!!) -Washed poo stain out of new sweatshirt and mostly out of DD's onesie -Bathed...
Hopefully this isn't too detailed, but I'm really curious if anyone else has gone through this. About 3 weeks ago I had cramping, feeling like my period was about to start. I'm EBF, DD is 7 months old now (as of yesterday, so she was just younger than that at the time of all this starting). I noticed the tiniest bit of blood only while wiping, only twice during this time. I honestly thought my period was about to start, but it didn't. Since then, I've had this issue that...
My birth was fast so I was pretty much ready to push as soon as contractions started, but while waiting for the midwife to arrive I leaned forward on an exercise ball while my DH sat in front of me--I held onto his leg and pulled as contractions hit and he kept himself stable so I didn't fall back. Not sure why this helped, maybe because my mind wasn't completely on the contractions. I also originally thought the moaning was a little odd (just didn't think it was...
My mother-in-law bought us normal washcloths for cloth wipes, but they're so big I only use half or a 4th at a time so as soon as DD gives me free time, I'm going to cut them in half and sew them so they don't fray. I'm also going to go through the bin of fabric we already have to find some material to make more wipes.
When I used disposable wipes, I'd rip one in half--sometimes thirds--to make them last longer.
Anyone in the Olympia area have chicken pox and willing to share it?
This started basically at the very beginning of my pregnancy--before I even thought it was an option that I was pregnant. My lips got really dry and I had to use chap stick often, then after about a month, they developed an itch. I put up with it until I'd wake up in the middle of the night scratching my lips (which of course, only make them hurt). I tried all kinds of chap sticks, then moved on to lotions. Vaseline worked, though I didn't want to have to use it all the...