or Connect

Posts by Dare2Dream

Hi, I am a mom of 3 kids, one is gender-variant.  I am looking to become a surrogate for a couple with one or both partners that are transgender.  Agencies are of no help.  Not only is my IP couple unique, but I wish to birth at home or at a birth center, which is not possible with an agency. Can anyone tell me if there is a group I can contact that would point me in the right direction?   Thanks for your time.   You can read more about our story and my...
Hi Squashblossom, I am sorry, I just saw this...8 months later!  And your email doesn't work. :(  I will PM as well.
Dlee, not bad planning on your part.  That is a huge decision, with positives and negatives, no matter which you decide.  I too am struggling with that decision for my child, never entering puberty means never having your own child.  I hope you have found some answers on the other forum that was recommended.  The only solution I know of, is surrogacy, which is why I am looking at doing it.
Hmmmm, a "1 post person".  That's fine for you to assume that.  I actually have another name on here but lost my passwords and log in info in my other computer, and it was always auto log in.  When I posted my question I was surprised it posted by my new homeschool name.  But that is ok.  You can assume whatever you want about me, but just know that sometimes that just isn't accurate.  I apologize if hostility was expressed, I was really surprised to be told I can't ask...
Hoping this is the right place to post this.  I apologize if it is not.   I am interested in becoming a surrogate and would like advice.  I have 3 children of my own, all naturally birthed, two home births.  I have been thinking about surrogacy for a year now, and just weaned my 3.5 and 5 year olds.  Since I am 33, I think it is now or never.  My oldest child is 8 and is Gender Variant.  All of these things have made me think that my ideal family for surrogacy would...
I too was urged to use the Mirena when I asked about the weekly ring.  It was such a push, as if no other birth control was even feasible.  Ok, fine.  So I did it and paid a good chunk of money.  I bled FOR SIX MONTHS.  I made a follow up appointment because I was so freaked out.  She said "some people just have thicker linings than others".  Ok.  Months later, another follow up.  "Oh, well, I have never had a patient bleed this long, let me call the Mirena hotline. ...
Maybe because there is no subcategory for Surrogacy and this is as close to that as I could find.  I made the assumption that some parents that were trying adoption would have also considered surrogacy and would have some insight.  I was hoping to understand why people do surrogacy rather than adoption (something I believe should be tried first), and thought some adoptive parents might speak up about that journey, maybe they tried adoption and gave up and tried...
Hi, I am interested in becoming a surrogate.  I have 3 children of my own, all naturally birthed, two home births.  I have been thinking about surrogacy for a year now, and just weaned my 3.5 and 5 year olds.  Since I am 33, I think it is now or never.  My oldest child is 8 and is Gender Variant.  This is a journey we have been on since he was 5, a journey he was probably on much earlier than that!  For awhile I thought he was going to be Transgender, now I know he is...
Hubby and I have been pro photographers for over 10 years now.  Please do make sure the name is easy to spell, makes sense and has an easy to remember web addy.  First time around no one could spell ours.  Changed the name, now everyone forgets the hyphen in the web addy.  Sigh.  I too feel the same, funny thing is that people are always drawn to studio stuff.  Ho-hum.  We do both, but I find there is more life to natural light.  So here goes:   Shades of Light...
Hi Mamas, I have a small home based childcare center in my home.  We utilize all natural wood toys.  Materials are waldorf/montessori style open ended items.  I am just wondering how often and what you use to clean these toys.  Its not like plastic stuff you can just bleach.  I only have a few kids a few days a week in addition to my own 3 kids.  Picking up and putting away is a given, I am just wondering about the items themselves.  A mom mentioned another care center...