or Connect

Posts by Sukhada

We have not conpletely weaned, but we did night wean. The only way we were able to do it was my partner taking over night-time and co-sleeping. Right out, I'm sleeping separately - which is great, actually because we're all getting more sleep. The next step, for us, is to move her into her own bed amd my partner will likely sleep in her room until she adjusts. Day weaning seems a long way off as she seems to be completely undettered by dry nursing. She has cut down a bit...
We're still nursing. I hardly hear very many swallows anymore so we may be primarily dry nursing now. DD often asks for a glass of water to go with her "nummies." Despite this, seems quite content to continue nursing. DP would prefer we wean before the baby comes. DD starts at her montessori preschool on Tuesday so we'll see what happens when she's away from me all day.
We co-slept, but if we hadn't we probably would have done a floor bed. I'm still considering it when we move DD (2 years) to her own room, but she's been able to climb on and off of a regular bed since she could walk and has never rolled off a bed accidentally, so a kids bed would work for her too. I've never liked the idea of cribs - they're restrictive and kids climb out of them or get their limbs stuck in the bars. Floor beds seem much safer and more natural to me so...
I did fenugreek, blessed thistle, domperidone and nursed as much as possible. We supplemented at the breast with a SNS. I supplemented for 6 months and then introduced solids. My DD loved solids and this easily made up for the supplementing and we were able to stop. We're still breastfeeding at 2 years. It was a difficult 6 months, but it was worth it. We were able to cut down on supplementing during those first 6 months, so I think we were partially successful in...
Updated to here
Yay Holliet! Wonderful news!
Linen sleeping baby productions. The price and quality are great. Love the shoulder. sleepingbaby.net
I like a stretchy wrap and a ring sling at first. I also have a woven wrap that I'll be trying out this time. I also have a mei tai that I like once babe is a little older. I don't like anything that can't be adjusted or is sized to the individual because my partner loves to babywearing too so we share carriers. He's a fan of the ring sling actually. I second sleeping aby.net - I love the ring sling I got there.
I failed the screen. I bought a home blood monitor and started checking my raaction to foods. I started being much more careful about my consumption of sugar and carbohydrates and i realized they were negatively affected my blood sugar. I also consulted with a naturopath. After two or three weeks, I went back for the fasting test and passed. I found the test very difficult because I have a hard time fasting while pregnant. Plus, I don't like blood draws and this test can...
Well, there are things you can do while pregnant to try to ensure a smooth birth. Pregnancy teas, such as RR and nettle (there are other herbs that can be used closer to your due date). There are natural things you can do to min risk of GBS. I used acupuncture to avoid induction. I usually see a naturopath while pregnant to help me. You might want to do that or do some reading/research on natural pregnancy, if you're interested. Your mental state is also important so yoga...