or Connect

Posts by Sukhada

I never thought to use cloth pads with my daughter. I used disposables and added pp healing herbs and froze them to help with swelling for the first few days. I have a diva cup, but haven't had AF in years.
Erigeron - we have a bumbo we got 2 years ago before they put straps on them. It's currently being used as a doll seat because once I put my daughter in it while I took a shower. She was sitting in it on the floor and the shower curtain was partially open. She pushed her hips up and forward and fell out of it. She wasn't injured, but I was shaken. We never used it again. I don't think they're safe, personally. I 'm also a fan of baby nail clippers and onesies until they...
That sounds terrible. I guess it depends on the class. I did hypnobirthing and the entire point is trusting your body and recognizing that fear creates pain. Is the focus of this class on natural childbirth? Who is the instructor (nurse, doula, etc)? Is it through a hospital?
I second the reusable waterproof pads if you plan on co-sleeping. We have a couple of them and they've saved our mattress and our sanity in the middle of the night.
Beagle smuggler - I'm also in Toronto. I purchased my diapers through sogreenbaby and caterpillar baby. They are both GTA. The woman at sogreenbaby is very personable; I've called her with diapering questions many times as I've tried to figure out what I want/need.
Beagle smuggler - we bought the bare min of diapers at first and this was fine for us. We did add more later. Pockets were our initial overnight option, but they didn't work forever. We double stuffed with hemp and still had problems. Eventually we moved to a fitted (sized diaper that has absorbent material everywhere) in bamboo and covered it with a wool cover and this works the best for us. As they get older they pee a lot at night. Wool is actually great for cloth...
I have an all-in-2 which mean that the soaker (the part that absorbs pee) snaps into a waterproof cover. The cover can be reused without washing several times. In a pocket, the soaker is stuffed into a pocket and the whole diaper gets washed each time. Pockets have a fleece lining which keeps baby feeling dry. We replicate this with a fleece liner that we lie on top of her soaker. Some diapers are designed to fit for the majority of their diaper years with snaps to change...
Yes, it can be a lot of laundry. I wash diapers every 2-3 days. It's so much a part of my routine that I don't notice it. When I am out, I have zippered wet bags that I put dirty diapers into until I get home. At home, I have a large pail (like a garbage pail) with a large washable liner bag in it. This pail is located in the washroom. I put dirty diapers in here until wash day. I have a diaper sprayer attached to my toilet to spray BM's into the toilet if needed. I also...
My suggestion would be to keep it simple. Money and gift cards are also great. I found that I had particular ideas about how I would parent or what my baby would like/need that didn't pan out. It's actually best to wait until after baby is born to stock up. We ended up with a lot of things we never or barely used (e.g. A stroller, a pack and play, a baby swing, a bumbo, puree food making accessories - we went striaght to table foods, a crib, rtc.) Even the cloth diapers I...
I just purchased and received two books that we will be using to help prepare DD (22 months) for the birth of the new baby.   Mama, talk about when Max was born (by Toni Olson) - this is a wonderful book about a home waterbirth supported by midwives and a doula.   Mama, talk about our new baby (by Toni Olson) - this is a wonderful book about life after the new baby is born and features cloth diapering, breastfeeding (even tandem), co-sleeping, and baby...