or Connect

Posts by FreeThinkinMama

I used to do it that way but now I just set it all out on the curb and tell people to come and get it, first come first serve. That way I dont deal with no shows, and I dont have to wait around for someone to show up, they never even see the inside of my house.
I would write about something that I know a lot about and have a clear stance on like abortion, breastfeeding vs formula, medical marijuana, circumcision etc. Whenever I had a paper like that in college I picked a topic that fires people up on both sides lol. Yeah Im a pot stirrer
I wouldn't judge her for that, I don't care what her reasons are. Why should women practically be forced to bf their babies with these guilt trips from lactivists? I find it quite ironic that the same people who defend a woman's choice to do whatever she wants with her body in regards to abortion, judge women who choose not to use their breasts to feed their babies. Breastmilk is best, but formula is not poisonous and is a fine alternative when women either can't or don't...
Thanks everyone for your advice! If the tether is safer anyway then I'll just have the dealer install the anchor in my car anyway and hope it doesn't cost me too much, like I said I want to be as safe as possible. I'll call britax today and see if I can get a recline bar, and if the seller is willing to reimburse me for that I'll be fine with that and leave them a positive. They have no explanation for the missing peice and don't seem to think it's essential,...
I have not had this particular problem but I can see how it would cause tension between you and your BFF when your child is hurting hers. Put yourself in her shoes and imagine how you would feel if it was your child being hurt. I don't know about you but I am like a mama bear, don't mess with my cubs! LOL I wouldn't get in the other child's face about it but I would expect the parent to take care of the problem in a firm manner and have a serious consequence for hitting...
Quote: Originally Posted by trinity6232000 Don't take it personal, but I don't think your complaint is valid, and I don't believe Ebay will help much with it. Somebody might correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the tethers come in newer cars? and if they aren't in your car then you have them installed? I wasn't aware that they came with the car seat, but I could totally be wrong. Also for the auction to be found deceptive they would have to...
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A at 40 or 50 pounds (can't remember which) the tether is necessary anyway (the car seat wouldn't hold at that weight without it) so you're almost to the point of needing a tether, anyway. And is this a USED car seat? (which would be my concern if a part were missing). I'd be worried about its age, whether or not it had been in an accident, etc. Also calling it a "Britax Husky" makes me think it's used.......the new ones...
Quote: Originally Posted by UberMama Is the recline bar something that comes with every one of those seats (so the seller took it out of the box) or is it an extra you have to buy? If it's an extra, I don't see why it's the sellers fault. I think you can forward that email where they said they'd leave neg fb if you did to eBay and they will get a slap on the hand for it.. when you admit to leaving neg fb just because the other party did, it's a no...
I bought a Britax Husky on ebay because it has an internal 5 pt harness that goes up to 80 lbs, my dd is 39 lbs now and growing out of her carseat but I don't feel comfortable putting her in one of those boosters with a lap/shoulder belt. So anyway this was something I had to save up for and really stretch to fit into our budget but it's worth it to me to have my dd as safe as possible. I got the seat a few days ago and it's great but then I started going through the...
Quote: Originally Posted by TereasaT When DS2 (2 1/2 yo now) was an infant, he would sleep in a carrier if we were out. If we were at home, he would sleep in the playpen or crib. I would put him down sleepy but awake. I had no problems going back and forth between a carrier and his crib. I think it might have been because I started really early. He just got used to it. I could easily transfer him from different places while he was sleeping -...