or Connect

Posts by rinap

As someone transitioning from a diaper service to washing my own, yes it's cheaper in general to wash at home. On the other hand, especially at the beginning, it can be nice to pull one thing off your plate. (it's a small amount of money to not have the pressure of getting the laundry done before you need that next diaper.   Also, as some have said above, it can let you skip over buying the smallest diaper size (they're not in it for long), and let you go straight to...
She doesn't really address multiples, and I had to be careful when reading it; it's really very negative on interventions, and I was feeling trapped enough. But it's a good book (if it doesn't make you dwell), and has a really good chapter on what you should do if you're going to have a c-section. I read that very carefully and it made me feel more prepared. (and luckily didn't need to use it, but it helped to have a set of positive things to focus on)
Adorkable, I'm not anywhere near ready to try for a third, but I've similarly been given pause. No longer feeling like a two year gap is going to be okay...
The odds are very good for both babies being vertex (but probably a little worse than for singletons). The odds are also very good that if the second is breech, they will either turn after the first is born or be easier to turn.   But definitely on the advice to shop around for providers.
I like them as burp rags. Depending on how much your baby spits up, you can need quite a few. (I have two fountains myself...)
The question on the spinal will have to be for your doctor/hospital/anesthesiologist. It wasn't an option that was available to me.   Yes. That does mean the first baby gets to go down the birth canal. My babies had trouble breastfeeding even though they went through the birth canal, though.   I mean:   1) Advocating for myself 2) Having my husband and a doula there to advocate for me 3) Picking my OB very carefully to find one who prefers vaginal...
#1 We induced, but that was because the twins shared a placenta.   #2 After much negotiation, I had an epidural placed at the very last minute. They put through the test dose, but no painkillers. I think I got an IV at that point, but I was half an hour into pushing, so it wasn't much in the way. It made the hospital folks feel better (in case of c-section).   #3 Ours were preemies (just barely at 36wks2days), and we refused the eye ointment, the hep b, and the...
I was very lucky to be able to have a vaginal birth for my twins. And I worked really hard to make that happen.   And I decided the small risk  of having both was worth it.   But while I totally understand not wanting a c-section, it wouldn't be better to have both a vaginal birth and a c-section. Because then you have the epidural, the incision, the blood loss, the drugs, not being able to hold them *AND* the exhaustion from labor, possible tearing, etc from the vaginal...
  It depends on the mother and the baby. I can't sleep through feedings, so, while it's much less bother than it would be to leave the room, it definitely has its costs in terms of my ability to mother during the daytime.
My twins are five months old. I vastly prefer breastfeeding them. We were really lucky not to need any NICU time, but they were a month early and didn't get nursing down until about six weeks, and didn't nurse at night until almost three months. So in our case, I needed to pump and feed early on. I think it's not an unusual story.   Some people also find it easier to breastfeed one and bottle feed the other at each feeding, but we only did that early on in...