or Connect

Posts by rinap

I am struggling a bit. I know there are a lot of people who have been trying for a very long time. But we're on month ten of trying. My kids are nearly two-and-a-half right now. Still nursing a lot. I've been having cycles since 5 months PP. I'm reluctant to wean, because it may not be the nursing that's the issue. (I'd hate to push to wean and then find that there won't be any more babies anyway). I'm just feeling kind of tired and lost. And trying to figure out whether I...
Music? (drums, rattles, etc, and maybe some parents who play can join in if they like?) Painting/coloring? Sharing about everyone's families (especially if you have a diverse group) Writing stories (collaboratively, playing with rhymes, maybe on a big sheet all together, or individually in folded-paper books) Something with other cultures or languages if you have the resources.
Glad it was useful!
For immersion programs, you may be able to find Spanish programs (though they're generally lottery-based) It looks like there's also a Mandarin program in Cupertino. Other than that, foreign languages generally start in middle school. Which ones are offered will depend on the specific school.   Kindergarten starts at age 5.   https://sites.google.com/site/spanishimmersionadvocates/immersion-information/links-to-others
Definitely a changing station on every floor.  We had a basket we could take to wherever the kids were, because that was easiest (one upstairs and one down).   We had a single crib sidecarred to the bed that the kids slept in until 6 months (together) and then we moved them to a floor bed. We also used one travel crib for them until about the same age (then we coslept when traveling)
Two car seats. A twin nursing pillow was a must-have for me. We loved having a twin stroller (though for the early days we put them together in one stroller...even if you didn't use a stroller for your first). A Moby you can use for both babies, and eventually two slings (for front and back or side and side or you and a second adult). Other than that...we used more of things (more onesies, more diapers), but you may have enough as it is.   We did some color-coding of...
I think every family and every situation is different. And it's really really hard to find a balance that works. But it *is* about finding a balance that works for your family. It's not about who pulls in the money, it's about putting all the tasks that need doing on the table (including bringing in money) and dividing them such that everyone can cope, or even better, thrive. Because some kids are extra hard. Some jobs are extra hard. Taking care of the house can range...
Hardwood floors make it so so so much less stressful.   Mine go somewhere between 20 minutes and 4 hours between peeing. When I'm timing it, an hour and a half is usually the gap I aim for. And if they pee on the floor, I try to get them to then sit (because sometimes they haven't finished peeing). But I also try to cajole (let's sit at the potty and read a book; let's go potty, and then you can wash your hands! (oh no, you can't wash your hands; you didn't sit on the...
There are questions about whether at this age it would be considered EC or early potty training. That said, names don't matter.   At 20 months, I would get a potty and start having some naked time during the day.  The naked time will help with the diaper rashes, even with nothing else. (naked in the sun would be better for the rashes, but this isn't really the time of year). Or with shortish dresses (warmth on top, but easy to pee or poop). You can also get leg warmers...
It's not the bedtime, it's that you've been sleeping for three hours (at least) when you take your temperature.   You can try and see what your patterns are. Some people can get reasonable temperatures in spite of irregularities (many mothers don't get three hours of sleep in a row, but can still predict ovulation reasonably accurately)