or Connect

Posts by Candalyn

I don't have any personal experience with the three options you listed, although I would be leery as I don't think any of them are a high enough quality to EBF while working full time... I would worry about supply.  Before you go drop the big money on the PIS, though, I highly recommend looking into the Ameda Purely Yours.  The quality is comparable to the PIS, but mine was a hundred dollars less.   The lactaction consultant I spoke with said I needed either the PIS or...
Hi All, I am a first time mom and could really use some advice!  My daughter is one month old and EBF.  She has developed a night time 'schedule' on her own: I feed her at about midnight and put myself to bed.  She is pretty awake after that so my husband stays up with her until she's tired, then rocks her to sleep.  About one am (usually) he brings her to bed-- generally, the bassinet right next to me.  She sleeps soundly until about six or seven, when she starts...
I think it depends a lot on your midwife and your situation.  When I asked mine about a doula, she assured me she would be happy to work with one-- but pointed out that both she and her assistant have extensive doula experience.  She told me quite a bit about the support and comfort they would offer, and after we'd talked about it I decided that a doula wouldn't be necessary for us.  (We also have my very supportive mom and cousin attending the birth, so I am not worried...
Chronic lurker here, but I just can't resist your beautiful list.  Your names are lovely!  I would have a really hard time deciding off of that list... I especially like Moira and Cabhan.    I am pretty sure we will be naming our little girl Adair-- I'm so glad to see someone likes it too!  I have gotten a few weird looks... not like that doesn't happen to everyone, but my mom is especially acting a little confused.   We picked it out years ago in honor of my...
I know there are threads on here you can search, because I spent weeks scouring the internet for that exact information.  I would be happy share what I learned in the last few months if it will save you some of the same hassle! My best friend and I were on the hunt at the same time, so I think between the two of us we interacted with most of the home birthing midwives in Salt Lake.   I am 16 weeks with my first, so no actual experience-- but I am birthing with Raeann...
I have heard good things about Julie Jones, and about her partner Paula Thacker.  I believe they share on call duties?  And my coworker just gave birth at IHC Riverton, where Julie and Paula practice, and LOVED the hospital.  She didn't use a midwife, but she was very impressed with the facility.