or Connect

Posts by Redmom

Seasiren - I'm so sorry - it's so unfair and heartbreaking.  I know that nothing I say will change the sadness and grief.  I wish wwe didn't have to know what miscarriage was like.  xxxx
Sorry I don't mean to hog this group - I've been finding it really difficult when catching up with friends and acquaintances recently who ask me what I've been up to ........   What I want to tell them is that the last 6 months have involved finding out that my baby had died instead of hearing his/her heartbeat, then waiting and waiting to miscarry naturally, then finally agreeing to a D&C and being concerned about the impact on my future fertility, then seeing a...
Thanks ladies for your kind words.  I just don't know and I don't want to hang on to false hope. On the other hand, I kept getting a BFN until the day of my expected period so maybe the proverbial ball didn't get rolling until later in my cycle. The not knowing is killing me.   Jesepumpkin, today was my 4th set of blood, and the numbers are rising within the expected range, but then again - when I had a mmc last year the betas were still going through the roof 8 weeks...
I had my u/s today and things aren't looking good.  :( The doc was able to see the sac but could barely make out the fetal pole. According to my LMP I'm 6 + 1, but the bloodwork suggested 5 + 4. The doc said it's possible my dates could be slightly off, but I know for sure when I had my last period and when I ovulated, and I have a pretty textbook cycle.   I'm returning next week for another u/s.  I know there's always hope, but I feel absolutely gutted.
Welcome Khalana...but sorry that you "belong" to this club :).   I also had a MMC and it took me completely by surprise - no symptoms or any indication there was a problem.  To add insult to injury, my body continued treating it like a viable pregnancy and my HCG levels continued to rise, and my body would not release the pregnancy, so I reluctantly opted for a D&C 6 weeks after the baby had stopped growing.   I'm 6 weeks now which is the same time the last baby died....
Oh my goodness...how scary .....I'm glad it worked out for you. For me it's "emotionally inconvenient" if the u/s gets delayed rather than "mission critical". My acupuncturist told me about one of her clients who needed to drive to a hospital being run on generators immediately after Hurricane Sandy for fertility treatments......
Oh blast, I'm supposed to get bloodwork on Monday morning then a 6 week u/s in the afternoon...but there is a snowstorm forecast.....6-10 inches......bahhhhh!!!! I really feel for people who are undergoing fertility treatments who've had to deal with these crazy snowstorms this winter........
Lea - that's a great idea about reaching out to a few close friends - your partner is going through her own experience of your journey so may not be in the best position to give you the support you need. :)
Jese, great news about those numbers.  I've read that there's a HUGE variation in the absolute numbers, but the more important thing is the rate of increase.....sending you positive vibes :)
Kaliakra - wonderful news and a marvellous milestone,  hope you are feeling more confident and relaxed with each day   OregonMoon - glad your scan went well.....:)