or Connect

Posts by Redmom

Lea - that's a great idea about reaching out to a few close friends - your partner is going through her own experience of your journey so may not be in the best position to give you the support you need. :)
Jese, great news about those numbers.  I've read that there's a HUGE variation in the absolute numbers, but the more important thing is the rate of increase.....sending you positive vibes :)
Kaliakra - wonderful news and a marvellous milestone,  hope you are feeling more confident and relaxed with each day   OregonMoon - glad your scan went well.....:)
My son is 3 and a few times now when I've been helping him get dressed, I can smell a strong ammonia smell from his penis. There are no obvious signs of an infection, he doesn't seem irritated and when I ask him if his penis hurts or feels itchy he says no.   Any ideas what this could be? Some days there is no odour.
Hi Mamas   I'm the mama who wrote the original post - that was over 2 years ago.  My son is now 3 and he sleeps perfectly.   For us, it got better just after 13 months when he "only" woke 3 times a night, then once he hit 2 years it was just once a night, at 2.5 he started STTN completely - and I think we were probably the extreme case. It got better on its own, without any intervention from us.   Also I found out there is a developmental leap at around 10 months...
Seasiren I just wanted to add that when I was p/g last time, I had a pap smear and I bled afterwards.  So maybe it could have been the ultrasound probe.  Wishing all good things for you. xxxx
Ladies, today I had more bloodwork and all looked okay. The next milestone is on Monday when I have an ultrasound at 6 weeks.  I'm so nervous, it seems like forever away. I feel like anything can happen. I really envy women who casually announce that they are 8 weeks p/g or 9 weeks p/g and they have no reason to believe that they won't stay pregnant.  
Seasiren....I'm so sorry that you are bleeding, how scary.  But I hope that all is okay with your baby.  I feel like you just don't know what will happen tomorrow.  I think once you've lost a baby there's no taking anything for granted. Sending you hugs and positive vibes. xxxxx
Thankyou ladies.  Seriously, I'm trying not to eat my feelings.     Wilhelmina I read all the previous posts in a fragmented manner so I'm not sure if I know the latest on your situation but I hope it works out.  No one should have to know the heartbreak of losing a baby.  
Thanks everyone for your kind and supportive words.  I find it really hard to share these emotions with people who don't know what it's like to lose a baby.   A few months ago I saw Kelly Clarkson being interviewed and announcing her p/g - she was still in the first trimester and said in a very casual way "Some women don't like to announce it too early b/c the chance of miscarriage is higher in the first trimester".  I envied her flippancy in announcing her pregnancy and...