or Connect

Posts by Redmom

Urgh so today I saw the midwife....at 9 weeks but the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks.  I've never had a miscarriage before and this is heartbreaking.
Hey Mamas   I've been the full time carer for the last 3 years for my son.  I'm currently p/g with #2 so it will be at least 4-5 years before I return to paid work.   I'd love to hear from other Mamas who took a lengthy career break to care for your kids and then returned to paid work.   - What was your experience? - What would you suggest to someone like myself in this situation? - What challenges did you encounter when you were returning to paid work and how did...
Hey Mamas   I'm 9 weeks p/g with #2....up until a week ago the only symptoms I had were being very hungry and very tired...but these have subsided.   I know, I know.....many Mamas to be are dealing with overwhelming morning sickness and other symptoms...so I'm lucky in that regard.   But...is it any cause for concern?  I'm seeing my midwife later this week so I guess I can seek her advice.  I guess it hasn't really sunken in that I'm actually p/g and it feels like...
With DS#1 I had a hospital birth (spontaneous labour, no augmentation) but after DS1 was born and the placenta delivered I was put on a pitocin drip.  To be honest I was too tired and overwhelmed to question this and when I asked the nurse she said something about helped the uterus to contract.  But I thought immediate and frequent breastfeeding was the best way to contact the uterus and ward against the risk of post partum hemorraging.   I found having a drip line to my...
Hi Mamas, I'd love to hear your feedback about preparation....books...classes...workshops....anything else etc I can do to have avoid an epidural.   I'm p/g with # 2.  For DS1, I had a doula and laboured at home home for as long as possible.  But then I was completely overwhelmed and frightened by how quickly the pain became intense and opted for an epidural.  I arrived at the hospital at around midnight but it turned out there were several emergency c-sections that...
I"m looking for some suggestions about strengthening my pelvic floor muscles.   I'm about 6 weeks p/g with #2.  Prior to having DS1, I had fantastic bladder control, but now find myself leaking when doing jumping jacks, high impact exercise.  I've tried kegels, but they made no difference, and I've been reading a lot lately that squats, not kegels, strengthen the pelvic floor.   My midwife said my abdominals were still separated from my first p/g.  Although I've always...
I'm 6 weeks p/g with # 2 and don't have sore breasts - not many symptoms other than tiredness and funny taste in my mouth. With p/g # 1 I did have sore breasts, but I also had sore breasts just before my period - and when my period returned a few months back I never had sore breasts. I'm bf my toddler so maybe this impacts the hormones??
Has anyone has experience with these very new non-invasive blood tests for testing Trisomies 21, 18 and 13?   I believe some of the commercial names they go by include:   - Verifi - Harmony - MaterniT21   I'm a 40 y/o Mama, pregnant with my second child.  I didn't have an amnio or CVS when pregnant with my first child 3 years ago and wondering about these new tests.
 No I don't have any solid symptoms yet.  It's my 2nd pregnancy and I'm 5 weeks along.  Just a bit of a funny taste in my mouth, thirstier and maybe a little hungrier.  Though granted when I was p/g with DS1, I had few symptoms, especially no morning sickness. 
Yes I'm nursing my nearly 3 year old and 5 weeks pregnant.  I have a feeling my toddler will not stop nursing anytime soon (he loves it).  In fact I do hope he continues when bubs arrives (fingers crossed the p/g continues without a hitch).   My DS had a tongue tie, and it's common for tongue ties to run in families.  So if new bubs needs a TT release, it will actually be good for establishing a milk supply to have toddler chugging away and encouraging my milk supply to...