or Connect

Posts by Redmom

Here's where my head is at:   Our little guy always woke about 7 or 8 times a night, which equates to every 1-2 hours, sometimes to nurse, sometimes he could be rocked back to sleep by DH.   So DH and I started taking turns co-sleeping with DS.  My DH starts out the night with DS, and when he wakes will rock him back to sleep until around 2, 3 or 4 in the morning when he calls out "mama, mama".  That's when I go in and do my shift with DS, who will wake every 2...
  Awww sorry to hear this Mama, I feel for you I really do.  A year ago I was the crazy sleep deprived mama with a 6 month old who was also waking every 1-2 hours.  He is now 19 months and is has gotten a little better but not much...but enough for me to not feel like crazy sleep deprived mama.   I totally relate to feeling frustrated when you think "I'm creating a loving, soothing bedtime ritual for you, and I've sang you lullabies for the last 20 minutes now please go...
I wouldn't get too excited....the 4 month sleep regression is a real b*tch after all....not that I wish horrendous sleep on anyone....
Hey Jenn   Please don't beat yourself or feel that you have failed your twins.  On the contrary, it takes a lot of effort and commitment to breastfeed twins, and especially given that you had some challenges initially.    I just had another thought - maybe reach out to other moms of twins....because I wonder if it's common for twins to take a while to "catch up"?  I have a friend with twins, and she says they have always been off the charts but have grown...
From when my DS was about 2 months, we instigated a bedtime routine.  I would nurse him until he was drowsy, then unlatch him, place him in his swaddle then rock him asleep.   What this meant was that he did not nurse to sleep, but would be rocked to sleep.  For naps we would rock him to sleep, which came about because I returned to work for 3 months and my DH was at home looking after him.  So he did get used to being rocked to sleep.   When he was about 10...
As you rightly point out, starting solids does not mean they will actually eat solids!   My pediatrician said that milk (breastmilk or formula) has a higher concentration of calories than solids so more bang for your buck.   I would continue to breastfeed them until they show readiness for solids.  Starting solids at 6 months is just a guideline.   Also, was your peds concerned about their actual weight?  My son has always been around the 5th percentile for...
Feedback please....I'm worried my 18 month old is not getting enough fluid intake to stay hydrated because he only has about 3-4 wet diapers per day (not including diaper changes for poops).   He continues to nurse on demand, but I've always had low supply and to be honest have no idea how much milk he is actually getting via the breast.   I've always supplemented a total of about 6 oz per day of formula, but for the last 6 months or so he has become...
My little guy took short naps also - 30 - 45 mins.   I tried various ideas from the No Cry Nap Solution but they did not work. I truly believe that, yes, some kids are flexible and you can shape their sleep, where as others, like my little guy, will nap/sleep the way they do and there is not much you can do other than accept it.   I would always nurse him as soon as he woke and sometimes he would fall back asleep, but sometimes not.   I would just keep in...
aaahmyeye   Mama, you are doing the right thing by nursing your DD when she needs it.  Listen to your baby not your doctor.  In my experience, pediatricians are good with medical issues but are very old school when it comes to parenting.   I have an 18 month old son who initially needed rocking or nursing to sleep.  When he was about 11 months, I found I could lay him down on the bed next to me, sing to him, and he would drift off to sleep - so that's how he goes...
You could ask her some probing questions and also offer her some education.  As several posters have pointed out, a 3 month old (heck, any aged baby) who wakes only 1-2 times a night sounds like a dream.....heck if my 18 month old only woke 2 times a night I'd be jumping for joy.   Some examples of conversation starters:   - What has made you decide to start sleeping training?  (Is it outside pressure?, unrealistic expectation of how often 3 month olds tend to...