or Connect

Posts by Redmom

My little guy took short naps also - 30 - 45 mins.   I tried various ideas from the No Cry Nap Solution but they did not work. I truly believe that, yes, some kids are flexible and you can shape their sleep, where as others, like my little guy, will nap/sleep the way they do and there is not much you can do other than accept it.   I would always nurse him as soon as he woke and sometimes he would fall back asleep, but sometimes not.   I would just keep in...
aaahmyeye   Mama, you are doing the right thing by nursing your DD when she needs it.  Listen to your baby not your doctor.  In my experience, pediatricians are good with medical issues but are very old school when it comes to parenting.   I have an 18 month old son who initially needed rocking or nursing to sleep.  When he was about 11 months, I found I could lay him down on the bed next to me, sing to him, and he would drift off to sleep - so that's how he goes...
You could ask her some probing questions and also offer her some education.  As several posters have pointed out, a 3 month old (heck, any aged baby) who wakes only 1-2 times a night sounds like a dream.....heck if my 18 month old only woke 2 times a night I'd be jumping for joy.   Some examples of conversation starters:   - What has made you decide to start sleeping training?  (Is it outside pressure?, unrealistic expectation of how often 3 month olds tend to...
Hi mamas, I just need some words of wisdom and encouragement.   My little guy is about to turn 18 months and continues to wake every 2 hours or so.  It's been this way since he was born and I've been patiently waiting for "it to get better" but...alas...improvement has not been forthcoming.   We have tried all sorts of things to improve the situation, such as the ideas from "No Cry Sleep Solution" but my little guy is basically resistant - he wakes every couple...
Aw mama, I know how demoralizing it is when other people comment on your baby's sleeping habits.   I have an 18 month old who wakes every few hours.  I just think that some kids are wired this way.   Did you know that babies (and adults too, in fact everyone) goes through sleep cycles which last up to a couple of hours.  When the sleep cycle ends, it is a very light stage of sleep.  For most of us, although we wake briefly, we go straight back to sleep and do not...
Aw mama I just wanted to say that you are NOT a failure.   I have come to believe that some kids are very resistant to having their sleeping habits influenced in any way - ie they sleep the way they sleep and it's mostly to do with their temperament.  You can't force them to sleep no more than you can force them to eat foods that they don't like.   I say this as a mother of an 18 month old who is a very light sleeper and wakes a lot - and we have tried all sorts...
Another thing about sleep regressions - there is one at 4 months and another at 9 months - and in our case the 4 month sleep regression LASTED until 9 months, so I was on the verge of a total nervious breakdown by then.   But I do recall things got marginally better after 9 months - like my little guy would suddenly sleep 3 or 4 hours straight instead of 1 or 2 hours - all by himself and not due to anything we did.   So hang in there - you might be on the verge...
Hi there   I don't have twins so I can't begin to empathize with how difficult it would be to manage sleeping with two babies.   I have a 15 month old who did not sleep longer than 1-2 hours for the first year of his life, and even now wakes about 3 or 4 times a night.  He generally naps only 30-45 minutes.   So I do know what it's like to be a crazy sleep deprived woman, and the frustration and exhaustion that comes with trying to get a little one to go to...
We moved to Staten Island a few months back and I'd love connect with other mamas.   Thanks!
I'm a SAHM and have a beautiful 15 month old son.  I'm so grateful we have him.    But I do miss my life before we had him.    Can anyone else relate?   I miss the freedom of being able to go out to the movies, shopping, etc at the drop of a hat. I miss being able to eat out in restaurants and linger over brunch with bottomless cups of coffee and a book. I miss being able to sleep in and take long afternoon naps (rather than being abruptly woken up after...