or Connect

Posts by themomadance

Still (dry) nursing my 25 month old DD- we co sleep and have the crib side carred. I am sometimes worried about what's going to happen at night since she still nurses throughout the night some nights- sometimes she STTN. I don't really want to night wean. I have had the most luck with parenting in general when I "save tomorrow's problems for another day". Every baby is different, I've never had 2 before, and we seem to roll with things pretty well anyway! I may kick...
DD2 is due April 20 (ish) DD1 is now 25 months . I can't figure out how to post a response from the mobile version, so I've been mostly lurking
I am vaccinating, but spreading them out and waiting on some. I have been going to a ped in my town, (glen cove) and they have been supportive of me doing things the way I want to. I have had no confrontation, but I also haven't asked them their opinion on certain subjects. They give their professional opinion on some things (schedules and diet) and prescribed me infant vitamins, but I don't feel like my 100% breastfed 5 month old needs them so I didn't fill the script....
I just read your amazing story!  I had a home birth too, and my story is up here as well... Since Hailey's birth I kinda have been feeling a little down about my birth... I felt like because I had to have an episiotomy, and have my midwife pull her out, that somehow I was weak or less of a birthing warrior or whatever...  Maybe I could have tried harder, or done better.  I only remember the totally empowering stories,  mine seemed flawed.  After reading your story, I...
Two 6 packs of bummis organic cotton prefolds (7-20 lbs) 6 pack of kissaluvs unableached fitted fleece (size 0) Two liljoeys all in ones two sustainablebabyish organic fitted fleece contrasts (extra small) and purchased one more after she was born because they were our fav! and 4 thirsties covers with snaps- love them!   We pre-washed and dried them 6 times.   Oh and one wool cover but haven't tred it yet!   We use EVERY diaper, and have to wash them...
I'm in Nassau County on Long Island.   I am not positive how much they pay her.  It didn't say on the approval paper.  If I find out I will let you know!
Hailey Lauren arrived on Sunday 1/15/12 at 1:10 PM.   6lbs 4oz 19 inches.    I was in labor since Friday morning.  Period-cramps all day.  But regularly 10 minutes apart.  at around 7 PM I had my sister get on a plane from Portland OR to NY!     Overnight I slept, woken by the rushes ever 10-15 minutes, I stopped checking my clock because I figured it was more important to get sleep!   In the morning, I had to get out of bed around 5:30 - they were...
YAY She is here - well she got here on Sunday, I've not been on my computer since then!  I will post a new thread!!!!  
HI everyone, it's 6:30 and I can't stay in bed any longer.   I woke up yesterday with cramps, they were on and off until about 4, then they were regular but short and easy.  at around 6 they increased in intensity,  By 9:30 i was in bed hoping for some sleep. they got to be stronger and about a minute long, but still 10 -15 minutes apart.  I slept on and off until 5:30 waking up with the contractions. (and a million trips to the bathroom)    They are just too strong...
I just got my approval letter today from my health insurance company for my midwife who was out of network for my "home/medical care"  - Description = "Routine Obstetric Care Including Antepartum Care, Vaginal Delivery (With our without Episiotomy and/or forceps) and postpartum care"     My midwife's office made this happen.  I have to pay her a $750 home birth fee which covers her assistant, and some medical equipment such as oxygen and a few other things that she...