or Connect

Posts by Asling

LilyTiger,   I'm the one trying to order the device, and a friend overseas will have to be the one to ship it. What I'm concerned about is the fact that the Epi-No is not FDA-approved; despite it being well-tested, highly-recommended, and perfectly safe, this means that companies aren't allowed to ship it to the U.S. I would imagine that this rule also technically applies to individuals, and so I'm trying to see what people who have successfully gotten it shipped to them...
Thanks!! Me too :) I'm just hoping to figure out a way to get it shipped that won't get any of my friends in trouble! 
Hi, pokeyAC! You can read all about it here: http://www.epino.de/en/epi-no.html   It essentially helps get the body used to the sensation of crowning, etc. in preparation for the actual thing, and it can also be used to retrain the muscles after you give birth. I'd never heard of it before my doctor mentioned it to me, but it apparently works wonders. He's recommended it to his patients for years, especially first-timers like myself, and he told me he's seen a marked...
Hi Everyone!   This is a question for women in the U.S. who have gotten a friend to ship this device to them. My doctor has highly recommended it, and given that tearing and episiotomies are #2 on the list of things I'm trying to avoid (C-section being #1), it sounds like something worth having.    So, my question is how you managed to get the device sent to you seeing as how the companies abroad who sell it aren't able to ship it to the US. I have a few friends in...
Thanks so much, Ladies!!!   Virginia Mom -- I really appreciate your perspective -- thank you so much!! -- and I definitely see what you're saying. Since the only reason I'd do this test is to get a sense of whether genetic problems are likely, but since DH and would never terminate a pregnancy based on said results (in fact, these tests would only measure probability -- they're not even diagnostic, so if the results were ambiguous, I'd just spend the whole pregnancy...
Hi Everyone,   I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant and am nearing the time where we're going to need to schedule all of the first trimester bloodwork and optional tests. The doctor has given me the option of a nuchal translucency and I'm trying to figure out whether I should go through with it. On the one hand, getting good results and a comprehensive scan would be very reassuring (this is my fifth pregnancy and the only one that's made it past the 5 week mark).    On the...
Thanks so much for the suggestion
I actually just busted out my neti pot and did get some relief from it -- not much though, by hopefully the ginger tea will help!
Hi all, I've come down with a nasty head cold, but given that this pregnancy is the only one that's made it past the five week mark, I'm very anxious about taking any kind of OTC medication. At the same time, I feel like my head is going to explode (I get some relief from nasal spray but not much), and I'm wondering whether sucking on a few y'all's double action cough drops or, even better, a fisherman's friend or two would be ok? I keep reading conflicting things about...
Thanks so much ladies I really appreciate the kind words and assurances -- as well as the sage advice to steer clear of the interwebs!! Update: oh my lord, iPhone autocorrect did a number on the original version of this comment! Lol!