or Connect

Posts by rookiemtnmama

I have 2 Kawaii Goodnight Heavy Wetters that I use for overnight. I am not crazy about how humongous they are (with both inserts) on my daughter, but they are one of the few cloth diapers that actually keep her dry overnight. She is definitely a "heavy wetter" and for a while I used disposables because every brand I tried would leak. My daughter is 11 months old and we've been using them since she was about 2 months old and they've held up great so far. I have NOT had a...
I also love Thirsties covers with hemp/cotton prefold inserts. I've really only tried 2 kinds of AIOs- fuzzibunz and swaddlebees. Fuzzibunz have leaked so much that I've stopped using them altogether. Swaddlebees I like, but they have limited adjustments in the waist and no adjustments for the legs. The only time we have ever had a leak with a Thirsties cover is when my husband fastened it too loosely, otherwise we have NEVER had a leak and we have an exclusively...
montanamomof3- What do you make your own wipes out of? I currently use some reusables that were given to me (made of bamboo) but they are falling apart like crazy and I'd like to make some of my own. Thanks!!
I just noticed another CD thread that was started that has a ton of replies on it...I think the three of us should move over there to have more mommas to interact with Here is the link http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1342238/anyone-cloth-diaper
I forgot to mention that a friend gave me a Swaddlebees AIO and it works rather well, but has limited snaps (to change the sizing) which has been an issue with our lo.
I'm really curious about this too. I just wash since my lo is only 4 months, but I'll have to come up with something once she is eating solids. Looking for suggestions!!
The only AIOs I've tried are fuzzibunz and they've leaked almost every time. I've heard the new Thirsties AIOs are great, but have yet to try them.
I second the comment of NOT using diapers that are all cloth...we have 2 of them and they are the 2 diapers in our stash that constantly leak! I really like Thirsties Duo Wraps (outer shell) with the Thirsties hemp/cotton insert. These have worked the best for us. My girl has gotten some diaper rash, but I think it may be irritation from the wipes. I make my own wipes and the new soap I'm using in them dries her skin (i think), but I'm still trying to figure that all...
I also only use Charlie's soap in a HE washer with my cds (and everything else for that matter!). The only draw back I find is that when using cold water I have to break up the powder once I turn the water on, because for some reason it gets hard in the detergent dispenser part of the HE machine, if I don't break it up. It must just be the way it reacts with the cold water. However, I don't have this problem when washing cds because I use hot water and this doesn't seem...
Funny, I just noticed my profile pic is of us hiking in the ergo with infant insert