or Connect

Posts by sillymom44

I agree with Stephanie731.  As a 3rd time mom and current mother of a 13 month old, 7, and 11 year old, I have 11 years of experience.  I love Mothering SOOO much.  The only thing that I do not love, is the lack of emphasis they put on marriage.  I, for one, have NO desire to get divorced, share custody of my children, start dating again, and parent my children alone.  OK-- I'll get off my soapbox.  But seriously, marriages take a huge hit when a baby is born.  If yours...
I was at a breaking point with Baby #3-- he took tiny naps and woke up all night long to nurse.  I taught him how to go to sleep on his own, without nursing, and it solved most of the problems. He now sleeps all night long.  He doesn't nap as long as many kids his age, but he sleeps so much better.  He is happier and so am I.   I realized that I was prioritizing his needs over every other member of our family.  My relationship with my husband was suffering and so was my...
I love hearing from everyone!!  I wish I knew how to motivate people to post more..
My sister and I were both BF. My mom would be horrified if I FF or if I covered up to nurse. I'm lucky in that respect, but she is also a very outspoken opinionated person that can be hard to get along with...so don't be jealous!!
Thank you Cynthia!!  I love hearing from my MDC mommas.  I have been checking back every once in awhile to see if anyone has posted-- so happy to hear from everyone!     Jack is 9 months (will be 10 months on the 13th).  He is doing great except for the fact that he is cutting 2 top teeth which has resulted in him waking up every night at 3:30am-- he tosses and turns and can't go back to sleep, so he plays and "talks".  Since he's in our bed, that means we don't...
I was 26 the 1st time I gave birth!  I was beyond excited to find the Mothering magazine!
'this is going to sound crazy, but the only option I could think of (other than a crib), is one of those huge fence-like contraptions.  We had one that we used to block off areas that weren't safe- or you can connect it so it's like a gigantic play-yard.  Maybe you could surround the futons with this?     Good luck!
Glad that you liked my analogy. LOL  I thought someone would probably tear that logic apart, but it truly has helped me in the past 10 years of nursing and mothering my children!!  It's true though-- we don't have the support we need.  I say that coming from a mother who nurse me until I was 2 and nursed my younger sister as well.  Her mother did not nurse her TEN children however- b/c the doctor told her not to- so my mom had to rely on LLL and friends for support.  So,...
I agree with skycheattraffic.  You need to try something.  Sleep is essential for your health- mental and physical.  I am all for attachment parenting, but there comes a point when the mother has to take care of herself.  It sounds like your LO is "reverse cycling" where she nurses more at night than during the day.  Some mothers can do this-- I cannot- and it sounds like you cannot.  I had this problem with DS2- it go to the point that I was in chronic pain from sleep...
We don't keep soda in the house b/c we love it too much.  When we go out to eat, we usually drink a soda-- but going out to eat is once or twice a month.  We drink water for the most part.  The older kids have 1 cup of juice a day if they want it.  They really do like water though-- weird!  LOL