or Connect

Posts by sillymom44

Didn't have much time to write last time, so I'm back.  I wish more people posted!!!! HINT HINT.     Jack is one of the happiest babies on the face of the planet.  That is what I hear constantly.  He smiles and laughs constantly!!  He is extremely social-- when we go to the grocery store he has started sitting in the cart some of the time (vs a carrier) and he laughs and smiles and waves his hands like crazy- at everyone-- it honestly is hard to shop b/c of all the...
Babinogi-- You are living my life- or I am living yours.  The scratching of the forehead problem was our problem for a LONG time.  Jack had horrible cradle cap and then started getting eczema.  The itching was helped by a salve that I happened to have and try- it's called Wise Woman Herbals All Purpose Salve.  In the end, eliminating dairy is what cured the problem (and I already had stopped eating wheat).   We are co-sleeping too so I feel your pain.  
Hello!!  You must have "pregnancy brain" because I think that you meant to post in the October 2013 birth club.  We had our babies in October 2012!     Good luck!!  
Mother's instinct....does anyone else believe that a mother knows what is best for their baby and not pediatricians?  What magical physiological gastrointestinal occurrence happens to a baby when they turn 4 or 6 months old?  It's sad that our culture is so dependent on "experts" for everything to do with our children.  I understand that our cultural influences make it very difficult for us to determine what is instinct and what is a cultural influence....but I think...
I think it's great-- yes there is too much pressure on women to get back into shape- BUT we are able to make the decision of whether or not to worry about that.  It's too bad she didn't also talk about how good it is for baby and how difficult it can be.  Babies are helpless in making decisions....so I think that if this encourages moms to breastfeed, then in the end babies win.  :)
Hello!!   Pregnova-- hope the oral surgery went well!!  You're so lucky with the sleep situation!!     Vegan-- I hope your DH gets that job!!  Hawaii would be amazing!!  How wonderful!   Jack is 5 months.  He can sit for very short periods of time.  He loves bouncing and standing (while I hold him) too.  He's even starting to babble with consonant vowels- yes-- we got to hear "mamamama"!!  I know he didn't know what he was saying, but it was precious.  He's...
My 10 year old discovered Minecraft this year and both he and my 6 year old play it.  Internet, video games, and TV have never been a problem in our house b/c we imposed limits from day 1.  There has never been a time when they had unlimited access to screens and that has worked well for us b/c there are never any arguments or problems.  They are allowed 30 minutes twice a day (once in morning and once in evening) of screen time during the week as long as all homework...
I really feel for you ladies that aren't getting any sleep.  Sleep is so important...so do what it takes!!   Do what works for you and your family...whether it be a swing or a crib or whatever.    This sounds obvious..but I know as mothers, that we can be VERY hard on ourselves.  I know that every time I lay my baby down I feel a twinge of guilt, but when I return he is so happy playing by himself...  I just feel like I should be attached to him all the time.  With that...
Ladyleah-- Why aren't you sleeping well while co-sleeping??  I'm sure we could come up with something to help you!!!  If we can't-- I bet there is someone on Mothering who could...  How was mspi diagnosed in your baby???  I am assuming the mspi and gluten intolerances are present in my baby, but not positive.  
Vegan-- I think that this should work!!  http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1358946/mothering-mavens    Does Aria nurse a lot at night??  Have you tried moving away from her in bed?  That can work for me sometimes-- if I get as far away from him as possible in the bed.   Spring-- I hope I didn't paint a picture of perfection with 3 kids.  Trust me-- there is plenty of stress.  My husband is a CPA...and it's "tax season" here which means he works 6 days a week for...