or Connect

Posts by sillymom44

It sound great!! I purposefully scared the crap out of myself about epis fr baby #2-, by researching and watching about all the things that truly could go wrong. Epis are scary and dangerous- look into it and it might work for you too. My 1st was an epi birth- which led to pit, which led to meconium.... The injection site hurt for 8 months.... I agree that thinking about it from the babies perspective is so important. I focus on that a lot.
Pastry-- congratulations!! He is breathtaking and I LOVE his name!!
Cool topic- there is one thing i know...we love talking about our births!! My first and 2nd babies were both about 8 hours labor. But, my 1st was an epi with pit later.... So who knows how long it would have been. He was born with meconium, which i am sure was due to the pit :/ my 2nd was all natural. My 1st was 3 days early and my 2nd was born at 39 weeks. My periods are short cycles...so I think I generally will have shorter pregnancies... We'll see!!!!
37 weeks today for me! I asked DH to install the carseat this evening- we had it in trunk of the car and it freaked me out to see a carseat there. Like most of you.. I only carry the baby bucket into the house--and then back out in most instances. I plan on using the ergo with the infant insert for carrying him around. DH's firm had a baby shower for him and they gave us money-- a very generous amount... I can't figure out what to do with it- ( a very nice problem to...
Congratulations Aurora!!!  Welcome baby Aspen!!  So excited to see more of "our" babies!! 
Decreased movement is normal-- but definitly ask your midwife about how much you should feel.  This little boy is still extrememly active and his movements are very uncomfortable some of the time.  When I am sitting, the movements around my cervix take my breath away and sometimes make me vocalize or exclaim out loud due to the pain.  My belly sways back and forth with his little butt moving.  I know that the reason I feel more movement is b/c I am 6"0" tall and have way...
Zubeldia-- I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that isn't hungry.  I did manage to eat one snack today, but then hardly had an appetite for dinner.  Awesome that you are walking again-- I'm sure that makes you feel human.  I can walk for long periods, but only if it's earlier in the day.  Sunday we walked all around the historic district and I felt great, but by evening my pelvic area feels the intense pressure and the pain too.  Either this baby is huge or my...
Another baby has finally arrived!! Congrats hibiscus!!!!!!!! Welcome baby Grace! How exciting!! I am also an emotional rollercoaster...happy to tears then pissed off 15 minutes later. I wish I had more control!! . DH is growing weary I believe. Maybe this will change, but I am in no hurry to give birth. I am definitely uncomfortable and excited to see what oor baby is going to look like, but I am still happy staying this way for awhile. I think i am really...
Oh Joy of Birth....I am so sorry to hear that. Praying for you....
Hello everyone- 36 w1d today... I'm not the least bit concerned about delivering early, but I will be so relieved to hit 37 weeks so I can deliver in the midwifery center in the tub!! Before that I have to deliver in labor and delivery, which is next to the mw ctr, which would be very upsetting to me-- even though my mw can come with me to deliver. We had a cookout at our house today for my sister, cousin, and their families. It was so much fun!! A wonderful "last...