or Connect

Posts by sillymom44

Hansi- i have had friends with that problem, but I am sure there are other moms with positive experiences who have waited!!
Coconut oil is a great idea-- we use it for cooking so we always have it on hand.  I didn't know it was anti-fungal until my sister told me to put it on my son's foot d/t a suspected fungus (crack behind his toe).   Has anyone ever used Lanolin as a diaper rash preventative cream??  I remember buying Lansinoh wipes...
Boston-- I think that 6 weeks is the recommendation.  I have to admit I always introduced them earlier than that, but I will try and wait until 6 weeks this time around.  I was so desparate for DH to be able to take 1 night feeding, so I would pump before bed so he could take the 1st night feeding.  I know that skipping a feeding just invites mastitis...and last time I had it twice....
I love the idea of co-sleeping and think it is GREAT....buuuut, it did not work for us for many reasons including the fact that I was incapable of keeping blankets and pillows off of my baby's heads and my DH- although a wonderful man- could not sleep next to the baby b/c I woke up multiple times with him laying halfway on top of the baby.  And, I'm just such a light sleeper that I woke up constantly.  I will keep the baby beside our bed in a bassinet and then move him...
I have several friends who have had gest diabetes and both had natual vaginal deliveries.  These mothers were able to control their GD with diet-- they were told how many carbs and protein, etc... to eat every day and both of them were successful in avoiding medication.  Also- both babies were typical size babies.  I think that uncontrolled GD is what leads to huge babies.
Under-- I am sorry for your stress, but it seems like finding another practitioner is going to be a better idea.  BTW- I cannot believe that she had an "approved" list of doulas!!!! What a control freak!!!  Momma's should be able to choose anyone that they want!!!!!  Prayers for you....I hope that you find somone great.  The good thing is that now is the time that you really start forming a relationship with your practitioner b/c you will start going more often.  So--...
    I am so sorry to hear about your health concerns.  I have no experience, but I am sure that your practitioner will be able to answer some questions!!  Try not to stress about it-- which I am sure is easier said that done.
Boston-- I am inclined to tell you to not wait for 12 weeks to introduce a bottle.  BUT, I am used to working with babies with feeding and swallowing problems and am not used to typical babies.   Have other moms successfully introduced a bottle later than 6 weeks and then went back to work??   Thanks for the bottle advice!!  The Breastflow is more affordable, but the Mimijimi looks like a breast!  It's nice to know that the Breastflow helped with latch problems...
This baby will have to use bottles when I am at work.....I used Avent with my 1st two, but I gave them away a long time ago.  Just wondering if there are any new bottles now?? 
Thanks.  I need all the support I can get b/c my anxiety is going through the roof.  Things just cannot progress like they did last time....they cannot.  The sad thing is...last time I resorted to tylenol pm at the urging of my MW.  That didn't even work.  :(  I think it's hormonal.  Why else would I wake at the same time every night??  And-- I don't even have to get up bc I am off for the summer.  My boys are old enough to let me sleep in...but yet I don't get tired...