or Connect

Posts by sillymom44

Zub- if you're interested in the co-leader-- go for it.  I was not very excited about it bc I hate conflict and I had to confront someone it would really stress me out.  I will do it if no one else will b/c I love this board and want to help!  :)   Vegan- I like the flowers and baby- but would be fine with any!!   Under- I am so sorry for your stress.  Are you sure it wouldn't be better to find a natural doc or CNM that doesn't stress you out??  I would urge you...
I am still walking and doing prenatal yoga.  I have begun a pattern where I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep.  This happened with DS#2 and the results were devastating.  I was so sleep deprived and stressed out that I went into preterm labor at 24 weeks. Luckily it stopped, but it was awful and lasted until I gave birth.  Once a gave birth, it ended immediately.   This time I have slept great until I came down with a cold and began waking...
I probably should try Birks....it's just that we have a Merrell outlet so I can get them so cheap..... My pain went away in 2 days....I feel like it was too good to be true.  I keep waiting for the pain to come back.  This evening I am wonderfing if my left foot is now hurting... 
Hello everyone!   We were planning a "Stay-cation" this weekend becuase there are so many fun things to do where we live and since we've only lived here 8 months, we are still exploring!!  Anyway, on Friday night I woke up at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep-- it was a horrible night and I was so upset Saturday b/c we had so many plans and I felt so awful.  I serisouly broke down and sobbed about 4 times.  I realized that I have to start changing my expectations and...
Zub-- I'm so sorry about your kitty.  We have a 12 year old dog and I know she will die in the next couple of years.  I also get very frustrated with her....and feel guilty about that.  To answer your questions, I think I would like to give birth in a the tub, but I guess I will have to wait and see.  I've never had a water birth available, so it is new to me.  I think it will be easier to birth in the tub- in the past I have birthed in bed and found it very difficult to...
Reedbarnes-- I respecfully disagree about the immune system part.  Boosting your immune system is possible, although I don't know if you can avoid pertussis in this manner.  As I stated previously, I do vaccinate, but newborns are not fully vaccinated against pertussis until 6 months of age.  Since our babies are being born in cold and flu season, I think that this discussion is worthwhile.  Many moms on here choose not to vaccinate and I fully respect that decision. 
I have no idea....I would guess that the glass would be OK, but not sure if the plastic can absorb mold??  I would also buy your own bottle nipples if you can!  :)
Does anyone know ways to boost our babies immune system? Obviously breastfeeding does, but what about supplements we could take or other things that would pass through our milk? Probiotics can do that, but what else??
I am pretty emotional too-- but I always have been so I can't tell if there is a difference. Boston-- I would have gotten upset over those 2 situations as well.  Customer service is so important-- especially in "this" economy!!   I have wondered if Emergen-C was OK during pregnancy- it's good to hear that it is OK.  This cold has kicked my butt....and I do'nt want to go through this again!!   We went on a tour and information session at our midwifery center.  I'm...
I am completely in agreement with people who choose not to vaccinate- especially becuase I have worked with so many children with autism over the years.  But, we do vaccinate because I am a neurotic worrying freak!!!!  And I'm not proud of that at all.  I am hoping to find a ped/family doc/naturpath who will do single shots on a delayed schedule.  I have found one family doc who will do that, but I am continuing to look b/c I don't like the hospital he is associated with...