or Connect

Posts by sillymom44

Dannic-- I've tried writing a response to you multiple times. Twice, I have accidentally deleted it (sleep deprivation anyone...).  ALL of your suggestions are working-- you obviously are a very experienced mom!! The swaddling is great-- I swaddled him as a newborn and then sort of forgot about it.  I am not sure if I am gluten-intolerant, but since DH and his brother are intolerant, I realized that it's probably genetic and the baby probably is too.  So, I have been...
Spring- I totally agree!!!!  Target is a pain though bc the carseat doesnt fit well.  Trader Joe carts are perfect!!  LOL about the pants falling down.  20 lbs to go now....  :/   Preg and vegan-- I do squat to unload the dishwasher and washing machine...it's quite a workout.  LOL  I'm usually alone at the store bc my older 2 are in school...but when they go, they definitly help!!
I agree about the lac-taid or sns!!!  She'll get it!!  It's great to hear from you!!!!
I started thinking about my dilemma and realized there are several issues that make the issue so complicated.  Number one-- I am 6'0" tall, so I have to go really far when I am squatting or bending over.  Every time I bend over, he acts like he is going to wake up or he fusses (not sure why).  Finally, I am still in maternity pants since I have 25 lbs to lose...so, every time I bend over, my pants fall down and the ergo rides up.  It's seriously...so annoying.  It's the...
WOW!!  Great birth story!  You are so fortunate to have a nurse that was so supportive.  Nurses really make or break the experience b/c they are with us so much during our stay!
Vegan-- I have the same thoughts.  I grow weary of wearing him constantly- it makes tasks complicated sometimes.  He naps mostly while being held or in the carrier.  That is fine with me, but I really want him to get used to sleeping in the AR co-sleeper- but he never stays asleep in it.  I think bc it's so big...  I have this fisher price swing-like cradle-like thing that he does sleep well in from time to time, but he will outgrow it eventually.  What could I do to...
Forgot a question....are you guys giving the iron/vit d supplement??  if so- what brand?
Spring-I have 25 lbs to go too....  yikes!  Funny enough...I am not very hungry.  I think it"s bc i am not as active as i should be- my older children are in school all day- so i can veg on the couch all day if i want to...and when i'm tired it's easy to.   Jack has started nursing a little less at night (do you hear the choir singing hallelujah?) and no grunting this am!  Not holding my breath though.   The LLL bfing book said babies usually have growth spurts at 3...
OK-- grocery shopping dilemma.  I don't know if it's b/c I am shopping at a different store than usual (where I used to live I shopped at a regular grocery store and items probably were on the middle of the shelf-- but I'm finding it very difficult to shop while wearing him b/c I have to get items off of the bottom shelf frequently (Trader's Joe) and it's almost impossible.  I had to kneel on the floor yesterday and could hardly get back up again.   Im using the Ergo...
Thanks for your advice!!  I will try some/all of them.   Here's another issue-- I was pumping yesterday for the 1st time and realized there was blood in the bottle....  YIKES!!  I completely freaked out, and then saw blood on the nursing pad from the breast that had mastitis.  I don't see any cracks or bleeding on my nipple...  Any ideas what this is from??