or Connect

Posts by sillymom44

Jack was 1 month yesterday too!!  Atia and Jack are Saturday the 13th babies...  (Can you believe that in the throws of transition I was watching the clock hoping he was born on the 14th...he was born at 11:59, so I guess that he was meant to be a 13th baby)/   So glad to hear we're not the only ones with the grunting issue.--I completely understand- Jack starts grunting for an hour and a half in the early morning and he then starts fussing around 7am usually, and I...
Several questions that I hope someone can asnwer...   1. What can I do to prevent mastitis??  I have had it once already...  I have never been engorged and DS nurses every 1-2 hours so it's not from oversupply or breasts getting too full...   2.  I need to start building up a supply of milk for when I go back to work in mid-January.  I feel like I am going to take milk from the baby by pumping the excess...  Should I try to incrase my supply-- and if so,...
I have never had much success with the Moby, even thought it is so cool looking- I wish I liked it!!  My boys have been so heavy, that I never can get it tight enough.  AND-- same issue with DS hating to have his head secured.  The ring sling has the same issue with me feeling like I have to keep him secure with one hand b/c his head bops around...so that is silly b/c I may as well be carrying him.  The ERGO works best b/c he can move his head around while awake or...
Thank you two soo much...it's so nice to have moms who understand bc they are in a similar situation.  You have no idea how uplifting it is to hear that I am not the only one, My mom and sister both had girls...from what I have seen on this board and from mom's I know, girls nurse less and sleep more (although Im sure that's not always the case).  My next door neighbor has 4 boys and currently nurses her kindergartener at night, and she reassurred me that she nursed her...
So far I use the ring sling in the house and the ergo with the new infant insert when I am going for a walk or going shopping, etc...  He loves both- I do agree that the ring sling can be difficult to position a newborn in, but it's just so easy to pop the baby in and out of when I am doing housework.  There are things that I just cannot do while carrying the baby- so once he is sound asleep I pop him out and into a cradle/bouncer.   I have never tried nursing in...
I had an equally frustrating hospital experience-- (see "Jack Andrew"s birth story)- even though we started in a midwifery center in the hospital.  I feel your frustration!!!! 
Hello!  I have had a rough couple of weeks.  Jack is 4 weeks old today!  Week 3= reinjured my back from an injury that occured 6 years ago with DS#2...  Luckily I had been through physical therapy, so I knew what I needed to do.  That lasted a week and when I started to feel a little better, I camer down with mastitis!!  I was able to avoid abx, but that night and the next day I had a fever that made me ache and feel so sick....  I don't know why I cam down with it b/c...
Preg- beautiful name!!  How do you pronounce it??  "A" names for girls are very popular on this thread-- I think the majority start with A.  I like that...my name starts with "a" too.  You are insanely lucky that you are getting 8 hours at night.  All of my babies-- including this one-- nurse around the clock.  Some nights I get 3 hours, but usually he wakes every 2.  I wask at 8 am to feed the older boys breakfast and get them ready for school, then when they leave at...
 Jack was a "Jack" o-lantern!!  :)  It was a simple outfit--orange striped shirt with stickers for the face on his shirt.  DH went t-or-t-ing with friend/neighbors- drinking cider spiked with rum, while i sat at home watching property bros on hgtv.  i actually had fun  :)
CD are definitly the answer to preventing diaper rash for our baby.  We are completely using CD now and even when I don't change them as soon as he poops (he poops all the time...day and night) we have no rash.  My theory is that the wet enviromment from the CD is beneficial b/c the poop doesn't dry and stick to his skin.  With disposables, the poop dries and sticks-- and I think tht was causing the rash.   YAYY for cloth diapering!!!!  Not to mention they are SO...