or Connect

Posts by Lovesong

As a minimalist myself living in a house literally overflowing with junk and stuff I'll say this: floor to ceiling shelves and ceiling hung fabric curtains. I can't stand the look of cluttered shelves (even if they are organised). All that stuff just drives me absolutely batty. I need calm, clean surfaces to be able to relax, and to work. At the same time, however, I can't get rid of all that stuff. So neatly organised shelves hidden behind curtains is my solution, and...
Keep a pitcher of cold water in the fridge, or as many as you can fit. Not only do you get really cold water without letting the tap run, but you can flavour it too. Lemon water is wonderful in the morning. On top of that, keeping the pitchers in the fridge saves on electricity too, since the fridge gets some help to stay cold. Just remember to pour any leftover water into the watering can by the end of the day, wash and refill the pitchers. That way, no water is gone to...
Living in Sweden, so we do get LOTS of snow, not to talk about the muddy in-between seasons and the rainy summers. Wood floors is somewhat of a standard here, because they are hard wearing, warm and easy to keep clean. Not to talk about the fact that if you invest in a real, solid wood floor that can be sanded down more than once or twice it isn't hard, nor expensive, to freshen up the floor when it starts to look unacceptably worn (when this is depends on your personal...
I understand the idea behind...but honestly, if adults at university level can't handle 100% focus on the task at hand without a bit of social chit-chatting between work how can you expect young children to behave differently? Besides, I think the social chit-chatting is as important as the work to practise social skills and development. School is not only there to put knowledge about things into a child's head, but to help them develop into functional adults too, no?...
I think when it comes to names you will grow to love the person, and therefore the name no matter if it is the most common or the most unusual. It is not the name that makes a person, but a person that makes the name. As long as you love the name to begin with, all will be fine. And even if you don't love-love the name all will be fine since you will love the person wearing it.   Sometimes I think parents make life unnecessary difficult for their children giving them...
I love the generic, flat microfibre one we have. It is easy to exert a little bit of pressure to really get the kitchen floor clean, and then just glide it across areas that are mostly dusty and not so much dirty.
  I think children adjust to the situation they are in out of necessity and so they might appear to need less personal space than everyone thinks but really it will depend on the personality of the child. Some children do fine with being piled on on top of the other, and thrive from that. Some children survive being piled on top of each other since they have no choice but to accept it. I was of the later kind, growing up.   Me and my siblings (I have two) grew up in an...
Here in Sweden, most public restrooms have something similar. Which makes sense, considering all the people coming and going and drying their hands. But at home? *shakes head* A container of old fashioned cotton handkerchiefs, and a basket for the used ones lined with a mesh laundry bag, works just as well to contain germs. Just pop the whole thing in the washing machine with the other whites at a high temperature and there you go. I can almost guarantee that by turning...
We have a seven year old, who sometimes throws up his kibbles. Never his wet food. We read the ingredients list, and it turned out the wet food did not contain grains which the kibbles did. We looked for a grain free and ended up choosing Orijen for our two cats. Problem solved. Not exactly cheap, but one of few options here in Sweden that is grain free. You might be able to find a cheaper grain free brand where you live.   You might also want to look into getting...
How about putting the yoghurt in a box with a hard to pry off lid? Ikea has these white ones, with red lids, that can be really though even for me to open at times if shut properly. Plus, if the box is on the large side, it might be a bit cumbersome for small hands, meaning he can't run away as easily with the yoghurt.