or Connect

Posts by Lovesong

Ouch! I hope you will recover fully eventually.   As for the gardening wilting...that always always happens to our potatoes. One moment growing, the next looking all sad and yellow.
I'm not even trying for a baby yet but I already keep a list of names as I come across them, figuring it is never a bad thing to collect good names.   At the moment my favourite name is probably Ellie, after the Up character. You see, it was during that movie that I truly, really knew I loved my then boyfriend enough to never want to be apart again.   Though, Amelie, Gabelline and Mireille aren't bad either.
As a student, living off student loans, I will say that yes: all money you have at your disposal is yours to use as you see fit.   However, you should also be aware that how you use your money will always have consequences. For example, if you have borrowed money from a friend or family member, it is in your own best interest to pay them back asap. If nothing else, so because you might need to borrow money from them again down the road. If you always borrow, but...
As so many have already commented, whether it matters really depends on you and your economy.   In my family it definitely does matter, since it is the difference between making it go round or having to be really rather creative in order to get food on the table by the end of the month. With that said, we don't always save everywhere where we can, because sometimes the value of things are not in pennies saved but in how you feel about having to save. For instance, I...
Now, the grocery list is a wonderful idea! I hadn't thought of that, but since my soon-to-be-dh has a smart phone...muhahahaa! Perfect excuse to send him out for the groceries, since he has the shopping list readily available. :P (And it might just earn me a smart phone of my own for a combined Christmas/Birthday present...) Perfect. :D
I'm so sorry about your plant, but at least there are some still alive parts which is always something.    I think you should wait for a month and see if there are any signs of recovery with tender care. Since it is a succulent, there is a chance if minimal. I for example hat a pot of aloe vera, that had been forgotten behind a curtain for a whole year, come to life again with a bit of tender care. If your plant does not...then there's very little to do but to remove...
I harvested our garlic just now, just in time since it had started to divide slightly. I love pulling the earth covered bulbs up, then washing them off and see the light purple/pink/white shell come through. Once the roots are trimmed, and the stalks shortened, they are absolutely lovely. Now, I'll just put the most divided ones to the side to dry some, then once the new garlic bed is properly dug I'll plant some for next year.   I'm so envious of you who still have...
I think it works the best if you have a smart phone, which I don't. Without a smart phone, it essentially just becomes another calendar to reference.   With that said, I rather do like it. I like the shopping lists, the to-do lists and how easy it is to add different schedules to the same calendar without everything just becoming a cluttery, hard to see who does what when, mess. 
I am exactly the same. I get stressed when I have all these things written down. It just feels as if I have no time at all for anything but tasks, you know, and that's just depressing.   What I have taken to heart, however, is keeping my sink shiny (which means I have to do the dishes, and deal with the compost each day) and to clear my hotspots as I encounter them. They shift from day to day, one day it might be my toilet that is a hotspot, the next it is the bookshelf I...
Both my parents are the kind of housekeepers that clean when necessary. This means the kitchen gets cleaned daily, the bathrooms are usually not too bad but that dust and laundry is something that gets sorted either when they need a special coloured t-shirt that is dirty, or when we are going to have guests.   Growing up, when deep cleaning for the arrival of guests, my parents would never say: "clean your room" or "clean the living room" but give me and my siblings...