or Connect

Posts by Lovesong

My fiancé did not present me with a ring. He asked, once, if I would really like him to propose properly with ring and all, but at the time I knew he couldn't afford it so I said no. But deep down, I really would have liked a proper proposal with ring and all. As it was, we were chatting online (don't know why...usually we talk on Skype in the evenings since we live apart because of me having to finish up my studies/he not wanting to live together until we are married)...
My absolute favourite poem ever was written by T.S. Eliot and is called 'The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock'. Therefore, I have a special weak spot for Elliot. Though, why not name him Elliot Liam Doyle Surname? In my family, we all have three names. One name that is our own, and two second names (which solved the problem of my mum wanting to honour her mum, and my dad wanting to honour his, and also the problem of having a unique first name...).
Well, judging from my family, what the mother eats during pregnancy doesn't really matter. We've always eaten rather diverse food, since my father loves to cook and experiment. When my mother was pregnant, he made sure to vary the cooking more than usual to make sure my mother's nutrition needs were covered. So, all three of us kids were exposed to all kinds of food. The result?   Well, I don't really care for too bland food. I like my food to taste something, which...
We started the year out very good in our kitchen garden. I deep dug the beds (2 spades deep) and mixed in plenty of compost soil and organic fertilizer and planted: - Parsley - Carrots (2 sorts). - Lettuce (3 sorts) - Red beets (first time). - Onions (mostly to keep carrot pests away). - Almond Potatoes.   On top of that, we have garlic, chives, strawberries, raspberries, black currants, cherries, apples and pears. Oh, horse radish, black berries (not...
Well, not that generous. Me and my fiancé have yet to buy her a very, very belated wedding present so thought we would make it up by spending a bit extra on something we know she really wants for the baby (even if in the end, she decides it is just too much work, the second hand value should be decent enough).   Anyhow, thank you for helping me get it right, since I want this gift to be useful to her and the baby. :)   As for the diaper pail...if I find one just...
For the ants problem: they hate cinnamon. Really hate it. We had a few come into our house, followed their trail and put cinnamon along the wall/floor where they went in and out. Haven't come back since then, and that is eight years ago. So, if you can somehow make a cinnamon paste (perhaps a bit of glue and a lot of cinnamon) to put where the line attaches to the tree that should work. Just renew it every now and again.   As for line drying...   I love the idea...
Wild strawberries aren't bad. They are just different. I keep a few in my garden for visiting children (children love to put them on straws) and for the animal life in my garden. Then I keep real ones too.   As for your berries being tiny and mushy, we had that problem this year because we did not move the strawberries after picking the berries last year (which should be done every 5th year or so at least, preferably more often). Usually, "bad" berries are due to the...
Thanks for your input. :)   That's very true about wool needing more care. See, that is things I don't really consider since I'm not an exhausted mum but can take my time to care for things properly (my favourite thing is to shine shoes and iron things...which tells you just how much time I have on my hands at the moment. But I am sure it will change when me and my fiancé finally are in a position to start having kids of our own, provided we can, touch...
My soon to be sister-in-law, due date now in November, wants to give cloth diapers a go, so me and my fiancé thought we would make her a diaper box gift with all she needs for the first 3 months or so. Though, we are overwhelmed with all the choices!   We're counting on her needing to change the baby diaper every 2 hours, and want her to have so many diapers and covers that she can forego doing the laundry one day without running out.   This is our list at the...
I'm dealing with sound sensitivities myself, which mainly manifest themselves in three ways: - Irritation at eating sounds generally (especially chewing and slurping) in a quiet environment when I am not eating myself. I get really, raging sometimes over people's eating sounds. I've learnt to deal with it, growing up, but I can imagine how your son must feel. - A low threshold for music, even if it is music I like. It just tires my head to no end until I HAVE to have...