or Connect

Posts by Lovesong

We just have an ordinary, big plastic bucket under the sink with a handle, so it is easy to carry when needed. Works well enough for us. It is also super easy to rinse out with the garden hose, or in the sink to keep the stench at bay.
I haven't achieved much today. I got up at six, showered and all that jazz. Then had breakfast (glass of milk so early in the morning) and left for university. When I got back home I cooked some macaroni and apple sausage curry, I checked for jobs, applied for a few, and then I've been spending the afternoon being absolutely unproductive.   I blame my rumbling stomach. It has been rumbling non-stop since this morning of some reason no matter what I eat.   Anyhow,...
    We like to damp mop our floors, using just cotton rags wrapped around a swiffer-type mop. Works well enough, since the dampness collects the dust and the rags can be reused. Old pure cotton kitchen towels are great for this. For areas that can't be damp mopped, a feather duster works well for collecting loose dust. For more stubborn dust, like on fabric, the vaccuum cleaner is our tool of choice.
  Thanks!: :D That is just because I finally have understood the most important principle of organising: everything has to have a designated space close to where it is being used. Once I got that one down...picking up becomes a breeze.    Well, at least your kids have something to look forward to tomorrow. :)
Well...   I like having more than 500 dollars in my account at any given time, but often it just isn't doable because of my parents needing financial support from me.   Ideally, I would like to have 2500 dollars in my account of no other reason that that is the amount when I start to feel financially stable and feel I can afford those little everyday luxuries like my favourite conditioner and replacing my old t-shirts.
Jimblejamble, that is such a nice little touch with the dishwashing dispenser bottle. I wish I could trust myself with such pretty little things, though I've learnt I'm horrible at cleaning them and at refilling them...it is so hard to resist them, though, when I see others with them even though I know it really will just become clutter in my kitchen which I really try to keep to a minimum.   First 15 minute session of the day, in my study/bedroom: - All the...
The thing with going rural is that your income will have to determine what is doable for you, as well as your time.   Older homes, that needs a bit of renovating, might be very tempting to buy for someone looking for a big place since often they tend to be a lot cheaper to buy than newly built/newly renovated houses. The problem is that as romantic as it sounds, getting an old house and slowly bringing it back to life again, there are a lot of things that costs quite...
As above poster said, hot water is key. It will melt the honey so you can just wipe it off. Then, use hot soapy water to remove the stickiness and finish by using dry towels to absorb any excess moisture. If things are still a bit sticky after that treatment, repeat until the stickiness is gone.
I did my first offical 15-minute cleaning session. In which I put on the 3rd load of laundry for today (bedsheets), divided the washed black laundry into to-air-dry and to-tumble-dry and got that drying, wiped the kitchen table after lunch and even wiped the chairs around the table before the time was up. :D
Well...   Fertilizing can be as complicated or as simple as you want. The truth is, that yes, different plants do need different fertilizers. Or rather, they need different nutrition. Some plants love composted cow dung, for some it is too rich and they prefer something lighter like nettle water. Some plants need extra nutrition that they don't really get from the fertilizer, such as bone meal (roses tend to love this) while yet others really just want to be left...