or Connect

Posts by tropicmama

I live in the South East and I usually shop at Aldi for most staples like milk and eggs. Suddenly both the eggs and the milk jumped up in price significantly in just a couple of weeks. Milk went up to $2.99 and eggs went up to $1.99 which means Aldi is no longer the cheapest store for those items in my area.. Hmm. Just wondering, did anyone notice similar price increases recently in their stores, Aldi or other grocery stores??? I did stock up on eggs this week since most...
I really want to  start making my own all purpose cleaners . Something to clean the kitchen counters as well as the bathrooms.... I need help finding a mix that works, if you have a cleaner that works, please share an exact recipe, ratios, etc. Thank you so much in advance!!!!
I recently cut down my weekly budget on food and necessities and started buying the Sunday paper to get coupons. I am trying to save money on toiletries and basic necessities (shampoo, toilet paper, toothpaste etc) I do try to make many things myself, such as cleaners, and use cloth instead of paper towels. But...I am a little overwhelmed with couponing. I have CVS, Target, Walgreens and Walmart. I was wondering if any one store is better than the other ones when using...
I make veggie burgers from them!  My favorite recipe is this one: http://www.foodiefiasco.com/the-ultimate-veggie-burger-vegangluten-freegrain-freelow-carb/    I love chick peas so much! I have made hummus from them, I put them in soups for added protein, I put them on top of salads, I roast them in the oven....I have eaten them raw out of a can... I love them that much:)
Hello crafty mamas- I am new to this forum, but hope to become a crafty mama myself in 2014.... I have decided to make all the gifts myself in 2014 for all birthdays and Christmas ( I am starting early, I am talking about Christmas 2014!) for various reasons (to make gifts more meaningful and personal, to save money, to reduce waste and my impact on the planet, etc) . But I am new to crafting and gift making! I need help and ideas! I need to make a gift for boy who is...
I am feeling it too... It is especially hard during a holiday season when everything around me is so shiny and inviting and I can't take part in that. I avoid going to malls or stores full of stuff b/c I don't want to be reminded I have barely enough money to just buy food. I was shopping at Aldi yesterday and they have a  lot of delicious looking holiday merchandise, but nope, no money for that, had to buy potatoes instead! What makes me keep going, I guess, is having...
I agree with all the above replies! Definitely keep your money together.... Being married means sharing everything, money, problems,  both good and bad things that come in life. Personal example, I have been married for 12 + years now. The first few years of my marriage I made double of what my spouse made b/c he was in school. Then we had kids and he is making double of what I make but I only work part time so I can take care of the kids and the house. On top of that we...
My ds (6) came home from school complaining of a toothache... He has had a loose top front tooth- forever, probably few months! It still has not fallen out... Suddenly today he started complaining of pain and it turned black! It is too late in the day to call the dentist, I am freaking out... should I pull it out?? Is it okay to leave it in? It does not seem loose enough to pull out easily!!! Anybody has any advice or experience in this matter? thank you so much for...
This is a great thread:) I am actually moving on Tuesday! I did not have as much time as I would have liked to prepare for this move, it kind of came up suddenly.... So I packed about 80% of my belongings into boxes whenever I could and we have been living with just the 20% of our stuff, I kind of love it! My kids have 2 little boxes of toys, In the kitchen I have like 4 mugs, 4 plates, 4 glasses etc. It makes clean up really quick, I love it! Since I didn't have time...
Keep it! My son is 5 now but he still loves his train set, he was obsessed between ages 1 and 3, his number one favorite toy of all time and even now that he doesn't play with it much, he will not part with it! All his other toys he lets go, we are past the action heros, and past dinosaurs, but his train set is still his all time favorite little boy toy!