or Connect

Posts by tropicmama

Hi, I am new to this forum, thank you for your help! I am just confused about what to feed my 22 month old Dd... She has lactose intolerance and I am suspecting dairy intolerance as well (diarrhea)... I am vegan, have been a vegetarian for 23 years and a vegan for a year.. I am trying to decide what is healthiest for my dd? I have been drinking soy milk for most of my vegetarian life but I am confused about the possible harmful effects of soy ?(especially on girls?)  I...
I have an almost 5 year old and almost 2 year old, there is no way to conquer the clutter... So what you can do, maybe designate a room in your home, like for example your bedroom to be clutter free and as minimalistic and as organized as you like. It could be your oasis and your happy place, where you can go to get away from all the clutter....
I'm not sure if they have a truck, but "Barbie" vehicles (they have several different cars and a camper too) have doors that open and barbie sized dolls can sit inside...
My son who is 4.5 had a clean dental check up about a month ago, no cavities. However I noticed that he has been waking up with bad breath every morning! I brush his teeth twice a day. The smell goes away after I brush his teeth and he drinks something... He has no other health issues, other than he is a picky eater, he has food texture aversion/sensitivity and he gags easily on foods... He has no other complaints at this time, no earache, no sore throat. He is eating...
I would only consider this, if my child was already used to being left with those particular friends for shorter periods of time, for example, if they already watched him for a day or so, so my child would be used to them and comfortable with them and in their house. I think if your child was used to the people, and their house, and their child, then maybe. I mean, do you go over to their house all the time? Does your child seem comfortable and happy there, eating,...
My kids are the same ages (DD 19 months, and DS 4.5 years). We just moved but before, my son had his own room, where his sister was not allowed, and he was very mean to her whenever she tried to go in and touch his stuff. He had no problem playing with her stuff though. Now that we moved to a smaller apartment, I put all their toys together. I did remove all the really small pieces obviously, my DD still puts toys in her mouth, but I put all their toys together. It's...
Could you maybe mix half formula and half some kind of other liquid (like almond rice or soy milk, whatever she likes and is allowed to have) to dilute the flavor? Maybe even 25%/75%.... But personally I don't think it's so necessary to switch formula, if she likes the one she's on, maybe she can have it a little longer? My doc is pushing for me to switch from infant formula (lactose free) to toddler formula or some kind of lactose free product because she says the...
I'm not really sure when is the right time to teach our kids about race and racism, my son is 4 and I am kind of waiting to see if he brings this subject up... The good thing is that he is in a public preschool with soooo many different kids, different races, cultures, that he is exposed to so many different kids, so he probably does not feel any different himself right now. We are lucky to live in a big city where he is exposed to so many wonderful kids, all of...
I'm new to this forum... but I have a little dillemma and I am curious what other parents are doing in their families.... I am Catholic, but my Dh is Muslim and we are raising our kids Muslim. My Ds is 4 and he goes to public preschool. In his school there is a Christmas tree, they do Christmas related arts and crafts, have a party, gift exchange and talk about Santa HEAVILY. Also, every cartoon on tv these days is either Christmas or Hannukah related ..... (kind of...
My DD is 17 months old and she is just getting into playing with her babydoll, I was going through all her infant clothes and items, such as brushes, bottles etc. I gave almost all away to a dear friend who had twins, but I selected a small wardrobe of newborn outfits so she can dress her doll up. Also, I gave her my old purse to serve as her diaper bag, filled it with some of her own baby items which I used on her when she was born (bottles, brushes, wipes, etc). She...