or Connect

Posts by Skiesmama

So my son took off with the readingeggs.com that was recommended to me by a friend.   He really really enjoys it and goes on completely of his own accord for hours at a time, and is now reading (by Christmas was his goal, and he's pretty much met it. He's not fully fluent yet, but he's reading everywhere we go, so he's close) He's nearly finished, and I'd like to find another program to direct him to. He liked timeforlearning.com (might not have that exactly right) but I...
I have direct experience with supercharged science - and have seen her in action  (blanking on her name, but she sure looks like Ms Frizzle lol - in a good way).  My boys took part in her science camp this summer - we drove a very long way to get to it.  It was very worth the drive.  I've never seen someone sooooooo into science. She is an incredible ball of energy - that woman - people joke that she must drink rocket fuel for breakfast.  We haven't used her site much...
superchargedscience.com   is an amazing resource.
My daughter went 8 months without gaining an ounce from the time she started eating food, until we cut out gluten at around 15 months.  She was so skinny and tiny - I think at 15 months she was 17 pounds?  In *one* month she gained an entire pound.  The tooth decay that had been progressing at record speed *stopped* dead in it's tracks.   Our entire family is gluten intolerant, and I don't regret cutting it out even a tiny bit - it helped every single one of us with...
My 2 year old recently broke out in cold sores all over the inside of her mouth.  Now my nipple/breast are hurting badly.  The nipple initially had 2 little red dots - these have developed into little sores.   I'm not sure if I even want to know the answer to this, but have I gotten cold sores on my nipple now????   I can't feel any lumps like plugged ducts.  My breast hurts terribly inside when she nurses tho - as if she's sucking my insides out.   I've been...
Did you try it? How did it turn out ? I'd love to hear your feedback
I thought I'd share - I've been playing around with food coloring on wool fabric from recycled sweaters. I used a mens' wool undershirt and turned it into a rainbow dress The possibilities are endless http://manyskiesmama.blogspot.com/20...ows-on-my.html
thanks It's my first tutorial - they are strangely addictive- I've always meant to do tutorials, but I always forget in the moment. This one I had already made one and then found another skirt that would work and considered it a sign
Here's the link if anyone is interested http://manyskiesmama.blogspot.com/20...kirt-into.html
Thanks I emailed the BCSOT and they got back to me with 2 names - tho they couldn't be sure if they were well trained in SI. I then emailed both the OT's I've worked with in Victoria and one hadn't heard of them, but the other had - they're both good apparently. I trust her judgement too - she's amazing - travels all over the world teaching. SO in case there is anyone out there wondering - the names are: Gail JohnsonKamloops Valerie ZilkieKelowna They are...