or Connect

Posts by smarmie

On the fence, Yes I am naive, it is a part of me. I have never been good at boundries either but I am trying. I did not say that I am away a lot, I said that my mother thinks that I am. I just want to let you know that they have not had to carry any burdens as far as my dd goes. They ask for her maybe one weekend a month sometimes not even that often, and we never ask them to babysit. A weekend for them is picking her up at lunch time on Saturday and dropping...
Update: Dh called my mom and told her that we changed the plans again and that they would not be keeping dd for the weekend. She tried to deny the "plan" and then told him that we were blowing things way out of proportion and hung up on him. I will let you guys know how the mediation next monday goes.
How cute!! And what a nice job you did!!
I went to school with a guy that grew up in a family of homesteaders, and was getting ready to start his own homestead. He told me that they used human poop for compost on their edibles and also said that it was the best veggies he has ever had!
Ok we have talked again and now decided to tell them that she won't be there for the weekend. And that we want to do the mediation first. I already worked out alternative plans and canceled but can remake them just as easily. Thank you guys for all your help, I know I sound like a fruit cake right now and believe me I feel like one! I can't believe this is happening to us, just can't believe it. This is my mom for goodness sake!!
DH and I have talked about it again and have decided to tell my mom that before dd comes for the weekend she must tell us what the plan is. It has to be at that moment so she doesn't have time to think up a story and she can't say that there isn't one. If she is willing to expose the "plan" then we will allow dd to go depending on what the plan is. I also just had the mediator call my step dad and re-explain what mediation is and he has agreed to go. So next monday...
I don't know if this would work for her or not but this is what I have done with my 3yo dd in the past when I see her strike out at another child or our dogs. When I see the behavior I take her aside for a talk. I act very calm like she is not in trouble at all and try to help her remember a time when the dog hurt her or similar situations with other children when the same thing happened to her and how she felt. And then tell her that that is how she could be making...
The same conversation that I told her to back off is the one that I told her about all the visits to the doc, she just doesn't think that I am doing enough (she wants tests run) and 2 days ago seemed to have forgotten me telling her about all the visits! We have to go out of town for the weekend and decided that it would be better for dd to stay with them because it is business and she would not get enough attention. This decision was made before all this wierdness...
I am having some pretty big problems with my mother and step father concerning my daughter. They have made some assumptions about the kind of care that our dd gets, and say that they have a "plan" and that I won't be involved in it. I have no idea what that is but it makes me very nervous! Anything that has to do with my dd I should be involved in. They are worried because DD has been having breathing problems and they think we have been ignoring it, which is not...
Can anyone tell me what I am allowed to use my NC tax id for? I know I can use it for tools relating to work, but I was wondering if I can use it to buy wholesale that doesn't have anything to do with my work?