or Connect

Posts by smarmie

:
:LOL I am sort of UU by marriage. My mil is very active with SWIM and SUUSI and we have started going to SWIM and have "inherited" a great group of UU friends from that. We don't really care for the local church though, and the next closest one is 30 minutes away so not as easy to go to for us.
Thank you, those are great games! I found a book called Deep Fun, it's a compendium of YRUU games (unitarian youth). It was put together by the Unitarian Youth and follows Denny Rydberg's "Five Steps to Building Community." So each step has it's own chapter of games to go along with it. For example, step one is Bonding, so all the games in that chapter are bonding games. They have it available for free download on their website, you just have to look around: ...
I am going to a week long community thing in December and am on the staff for nightlife. It is a community of all ages and I have been told that doing something to try to bring everyone together is very important. The teens don't really hang out with everyone else the whole time and the young adults have a hard time relating to the older people in the group and so on. I was thinking that we could have community building games, but am not sure where to go from there....
I read in a book once that if your dog is barking while you are gone, to train it you can act like you are leaving and park your car around the corner sneak back and when it starts up, spray it with a water hose and say NO! It said that it wouldn't take more thant a few times of doing it to train the dog. So maybe you could nicely tell your neighbors that he barks the whole time they are gone and ask them if they are willing to try something like this or even allow you...
I also had abnormal flow, it was longer 9-14 days and sometimes really bad cramps. Oh and it was never predictable. I had it removed when I started bleeding 2 weeks after I just finished, that was the final straw. Right after that I found out that I actually got pregnant with the IUD in, and had a very long painful miscarage after having it removed. The doc didn't check for pregnancy before she removed it which may have caused the miscarage.
Quote: Another idea would be to work on it for 15 minutes at a time. You can do anything for 15 minutes. Get a time, set it and go to work. Then you can quit beating yourself up for not working on it which only serves to make you not want to work on it even more. Before you know it, you'll be done with it. Wow!! You sound just like Flylady!!:LOL But of course it's all true I am absolutely horrible at finishing projects! Or buying tons of stuff...
Well what about keeping your business name and changing the name of your soakers? You could put something in the description like: "Same great product with a new improved name" If she is not really active in building her business but is still there, you could potentially lose business to her if you have the same product names.
Oh thank you! My mom collects tea pot cozies, that is a great idea. I want to do a small handbag, and I still have to tackle my blanket, it will be big enought to fit a double bed, so I have a little more sweater collecting to do! I am going to try putting two things of thread through my sewing machine at the same time for the thickness and do the zig zag stich. It took so long to do those X stiches! I would love to hear other ideas like this!
I have been working on getting enough sweaters to felt for a blanket and had a huge bag of scraps, so I decided to make a purse with them and it turned out soooo cool! My mil has been visiting so I had a lot of help. We used a pair of blue jeans turned inside out for the liner so the pockets are inside the bag, and used the legs for the strap. We even made a secret pocket inside the zipper and used a silk scarf for the liner so it would feel like panties:LOL So we had...