or Connect

Posts by AnnieMaxwell

THanks for responding.  SO, the Principal can have her evaluated by all kinds of people without parental consent?  SInce I wrote an email (In writing) stating that we don't want testing at this time, what steps does the Principal have to take legally now?  Can she proceed without giving me a written notice about it and can she proceed without telling me she is proceeding (as she said that if parents say no, she can do it anyway and then let parents know what what reported...
My child is in Kindergarten and the Principal approached me in the hallway about how my child was very clingy.  She based this on a one time episode where my child cried and ran up to her because about 180 kids were marched into a room without being told why they were going there and just let them run around the gym for a while. My child did not see her main teacher and got upset over what I am assuming was a chaotic situation.  The principal was able to calm my daughter...
I hope I am being crazy here but ever since I happened upon some onfo about lead in vitamins I havent been giving any to my (in my opinion picky eater) and I dont' feel right not giving them either.  I threw out all the natures plus animal parade ones as those were high on the lead list form the fda reasearch.  I wanted to givemy three year old  the Natrol for kids but it has green tea in the ingredients and a physiciam once told me how green tea is actually linked to...
HI Dr Bob, I am, on your advice and my own feelings too, giving my picky eater a "green" supplement but noticed some funny wording which is bothering me on the label. They are the Nature's Plus Animal Parade Kid Greenz supplements and it says that there are lactic flora growth accelerants in the supplement but the list of ingredients includes nothing that is a probiotic of any sort.  It sounds weird to me.  What does/could this mean and are they still a good idea to give...
Would an adult travelling to India (will be there for 6 days) need to get a flu shot (he would not otherwise get the flu shot)?  Also, how necessary is it for him to take the malaria pills before he leaves?  I think they are called malarone and are preventative.  He is there for business but is planning to see some of the great sites as well. Thanks a lot!!
My daughter will start a Prechool class this Fall and although she has been around lots of kids and gotten some colds, the school tells you to expect the children to get sick more.  This is her first time being on her own. Is there any type of suplementing or foods that I can give to try and make sure she doesnt get sick. I don't want to miss out on lots of school days!! Thanks
Hi Dr Bob, I want to thank you for all of your help.  My three year old will be entering a part time Preschool this Fall and although we have definitely been in lots of classes and around lots of kids at the park, this will be her first time away from home (alone!! without me)  and I am wondering what I can do to reduce number of colds,etc. Increase certain vitamins? giver her certain foods? I just don't want to be missing lots of school if it can be somewhat prevented....
Thank you for your thoughtful and helpful response.
so according to this, then it is possible? although unlikely?
Just wondering about this: my three year old girl will start preschool this Fall and doesn't have the Hep B vaccine.  She is using the toilet now and I worry about something (I know, gross but a possibility?) of like someone leaving some menstrual blood on toilet and my child who touches the seat and her own dody parts as she learns to go potty and also what if teacher gets like a papercut or cut on finger and then helps the children- any thoughts? thank you