or Connect

Posts by Mama Bear

Hey Mamas!   We are considering relocating to Franklin, TN from Atlanta. I am about 18 weeks with baby #4 and wanted to find out what the birthing climate was like over there. We visited over Thanksgiving with family that lives there, however they don't have any children (yet!) so they had no clue. I would love to know what hospitals are natural birth friendly. Also any midwives/practices and doulas that are known to be mother supportive and not pushy. My oldest...
Found the birth story: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...902&highlight= I knew pretty early on this time that I was pregnant. We've been charting/NFP for over a year. My luteal phase is always 13 days long, so when I was on day 14, 15, 16 and no temp drop - I knew. Hubby was out of town - I took a test I had left from the twins. Positive right away. I waited to tell him until he got home 2 days later. He freaked out and was a zombie that whole weekend. He's...
We are expecting another little bundle early May! We have 3 boys - a 6 year old and 3 year old twins. I joined way back when I was preggo with my oldest and was extremely active on here. That slowly faded after the twins were born...hmmm...wonder why? I may not be super active, as we are a busy household. But wanted to join in. I was very involved with my oldest's sons DDC and we carried on threads for several years - made some great online friends. I had all my...
My boys turned 2 today. They are hardly talking. They do know a good amount of sign language. One of the twins is talking a bit, but its more repetative sounds - mama, dada, baba. Though he does know mama is me! The other twin just prefers to whine and make other noise. My older ds was also a bit slow to talk. Both my older ds at 2 years old and now the twins at 2 totally understand what I say and ask of them - they were/are very tactile and can make very distinct noises...
thanks ladies for the encouragement and support We usually treat at home first anyways - homeopathics, herbs, etc... I did get a pm from another mom reccomending me to another doc in my area, so I will look into that.
I am trying to find out if our ped office can legally do that? At my twins 12 month check up, had a conversation with the ped and in a nutshell said that their main reason for being there (the doctor) is to vax children. And if we were going to keep butting heads, then he would have to ask us to not continue coming. I am in South Carolina (recently moved here from Atlanta, where we never had a problem with our ped there - loved her). Besides the fact that we don't like...
Here's mine - 48 hour labor, unmedicated hospital twin birth: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=783902
My mom has a cousin that has 2 sets of twins (both B/G). And the doc told her she'd only ever have twins. I always wondered how a doc could make that kind of statement? Obviously there was some crack over there too....LOL
We are all feeling pretty crappy over here too! I won't bore you with the details and drama. Its rough - just take it a day at a time or even an hour at a time.
Quote: Originally Posted by offyourrawkers hey. I am in Nashville and have relocated from Chapel Hill (originally from OR). I would say that if you are looking for "open-mided" holistic minded in Brentwood/ Franklin you might be a little dissapointed. I would look in East Nashville or Musiccitymoms.com. There are lots f like-minded mamas here but for some reason it seems that the BRentwoon/Franklin divide is just that... a divide. This is not across...