or Connect

Posts by chiromama01

I'm not on the list!! Here's my info...         Name: Jen EDD: (estimated due date)  mid April #Pregnancy/baby: 2/2 Your age/age at the birth: 28/28 Family: hubby and dd 2 1/2 How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) 2 months TTC Birth plans: considering homebirth Goals/hopes for this pregnancy:  Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): feeling blue Anything else!: hoping for a homebirth, but...
so i guess i've relented and we will find out the sex, mostly because dh wants to.  Also, as this is likely our last, it would be nice to know sooner rather than later (ie before i have 2 kids to contend with) whether or not i need the attic full of girl clothes i currently have!  So, if it's a boy, then i can clear out and start hunting for boy bargains! if it's a girl, then i can cross a big "to do" off my list!
Rasa I totally feel your pain! I'm 5'10 with a long torso and 20 bonus pounds myself (compliments of dd).  I have a little belly now but you def can't tell in my regular clothes.  and by regular clothes, i mean scrubs, cuz that's what i work in.  i did have to move to maternity pants, but shirts are hit or miss as far as maternity or not.  oh well.  i guess i can keep the secret at work for a bit longer!  I'll post a "barely there belly" pic soon!
at 20-24 weeks i say plan away and have fun!  You should still be relatively comfortable and have some energy.  You may not get to take another trip like that for a while when baby comes so go and enjoy! 
We'll be cosleeping too but I do plan to set up the pack n play in our room for naps or whatever.  I'm not even worried about a nursery.  We have 4 bdrms, our room, dd's room, a play room (which i refuse to give up), and an office for dh (who's in law school).  So, that leaves the baby in our room, which is fine.  we have evough room in our bedroom for the pack n play and a changing table so nothing fancy but inexpensive as we already own everything...
thanks for all the support mama's! now i don't feel so guilty about being short tempered.  I do find myself taking a LOT of deep breaths!! JustKate my DD was born Jan 09!  So they're really close in age.    deliac-- wow, it sounds like you have quite the year coming up!  good luck with everything!  Moving does stink either way, I moved right after dd was born and then again when she was a toddler.  didn't care for either move, but we ended up just a few streets away...
ok, so today was a tough day.  any other mama's with toddlers find themselves working with a short fuse??? My daughter (2 1/2) has a terrible habit of repeating "mama" incessently (sp?) like 100 times in a row it feels like.... today we went to the store together, for 30 minutes, and by the time we left I was nearly in tears.  she refused to sit in the basket, and when instructed to "walk by mommy" she said "ok," then proceeded to run around the store like a maniac.  I...
thursday girl... hopefully it's just a clerical error, but i know either way its a pain to deal with.  Should they deny you again, if you choose to go to a hospital you could talk to your provider about just staying 24 hours after the birth rather than 48.  My friend did that and it saved for thousands.  Also, sometimes a midwife will cut you a break if she is training a new midwife, who would be primary on your case, so that may be an option too. hope it all gets sorted...
I was 2 weeks overdue with my first too, so I'm anxious to see how it goes this time too.  I will say that when anyone asks when i'm due, i add 2 weeks to the actual EDD, just incase i do go over, i wont have all the crazy eyes staring at me.  I have also been sure to tell my midwife that i completely intend to be left alone until i'm past 42 weeks, then we can consider intervention only if the baby is in distress... 
Hi there! Hopping over from april ddc, and boy do i sympathize!  My DH works full time and is a full time law student...ambitious, yes, but not exactly conducive to family life...I have no patience for illness, b/c as many of you have said, we don't get sick days, so why should they????? It's terrible, i know, b/c they don't want to be sick, but it's SOOOO frustrating when once again you're left holding the bag...   sorry to unload, more of a joint rant than words of...