or Connect

Posts by chiromama01

Ok, so I'm almost 8 weeks along and I'm still spotting.  Sometimes heavier than others, some more brownish red, others more bright red... I called the midwife and she said to stay off my feet and not to lift my 2 year old (easier said than done!)... I haven't had any cramping or pain, just spotting.  Also, just found out that my pap came back abnormal and now I have colposcopy and US scheduled for tomorrow...Just wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing...
Oh my goodness, count me in too.  I'm not drop dead tired like I was with my first, but I have NO energy, and thus no motivation to do ANYTHING!!! DD seems to be wondering what happened to mommy???? All I want to do is lay on the couch... I used to be very careful about how much TV my DD watched, but now it seems that's all I can do for her until the school year starts again... anybody have better suggestions for activities that dont involve too much energy????
It's diffenent this time, for sure.  This is number 2 for us, and I'm much more calm, and way more practical this time around.  I'm connected, but in an introspective sort of way...the new baby doesn't dominate every converstion or every quiet moment, most likely because I have 3 long term house guests and a 2 1/2 year old to keep me quite occupied!  I'm definitley enjoying this one more becuase (as of yet) I'm no where near as sick as I was the first time.  In fact, I...
I live in an area where midwives are rare, so I am driving an hour + to get the care I'm comfortable with it, and it's totally worth it!  good luck!
It really does get easier. My little one is 2 1/2, and she's so much fun...now.  But 10 months ago, not the case.  I remember watching the clock, counting the minutes till DH was supposed to be home, and getting infuriated when he was even 5 minutes late...it was REALLY hard!!! but it does get sooooo much better! good luck!!
DD only likes pop up books, and thats only to rip the pop ups out.  She has NEVER sat still long enough for me to read a book to her (she's 2 and 1/2) but I figure, when she's ready, we'll read.  Till then, I'll wait.... I'm sure he's just "too busy" to be bothered, just like my little one :)
YAY!!! Hello all!! I'm super excited that DH and I are expecting our second little bundle in late March/ early April.  (DD, 2 and 1/2, came at 42 weeks, so my DH thinks mid to late April).    We have an appt with midwives next week, planning a hypno-water-birth at hospital, but also considering HB.   We'll see how things play out...   Grandparents know and 4 dear friends, but other than that we're keeping it under wraps till we hear the heartbeat!!   Congrats...
Oh, the anxiety... with my first pregnancy, I was sick before the test was positive.  there was NO question I was pregnant, this time around, however, is completely different.  I haven't had a single symptom... nothing.  it's surreal.  no naseau, no extreme fatigue, no nothing.  so I know, sometimes you begin to wonder if you're just REALLY late...lol.  the first trimester is pretty much survival mode, if your having a rough time with morning sickness or whatever, but...
mom2lucy, you figured me out (I'm so cryptic, I know...) yes I am a chiro and yes I own my own practice, and that's exactly what those 12 hours are for me, time to not be "needed" by anyone!!!!   I do have family, my mom keeps her on Mon/Wed eve so I can work, then she's at daycare Tu/Thu am so I can work...so I've tapped out the free help :)   I could do 3 days a week, but I would still have to pay for 4, since the school only offers 2 or 4 day...
this may be a bit long winded, but here goes... my dd is 2 and 1/2, and she is currently enrolled in a mom's day out program for 4 mornings a week (9- 2:30).  I work 2 evenings a week and 2 mornings a week.  The 2 mornings I don't work, I can get things done around the house, groceries, etc.  (DH is working full time and in law school in the evening, so most of the chores, etc fall on me) The problem: DD has started to become overly cranky with the 4 morning a week...